12th Doctor Revealed Today?

Options
EmilyJackCO
EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
I was just setting up my DVR to record Broadchurch starting this week on BBC America. APPARENTLY, there is a Doctor Who Live special airing at 12pm MDT where they will announce who's playing the 12th Doctor!

I may be out at the gym at this point, but I thought I would throw this out there for anyone who may be around. It's going to be DVR'd as well, so I'll catch it as soon as I get back and update if no one's posted.

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm the next doctor. Today's preview is a roose. That's why I'm on here loosing weight all year by the orders of the bbc. First American doctor. ????
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The 12th Doctor has been revealed....

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::S P O I L E R S:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

it's the wonderful Peter Capaldi.

Known to many nowadays as Malcolm Tucker, the potty-mouthed civil-servant in Armando Iannucci's brilliant political satire "The Thick of It" (which transposed to the big-screen as "In The Loop"), Peter did guest in a previous episode The Fires Of Pompei with 10th Doctor David Tennant and Catherine Tait.

Good luck to Peter and so nice to have another Scots Doctor :happy:
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    He was in Torchwood too! I first became amazed by him as an actor on The Hour. Need to check out In The Thick of It.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Holy moly cow. This makes me really happy, actually. It's a little awkward with the Children of Earth crossover, but I think this is huge. I love him to bits and it's going to be really interesting how they deal with this. I can see legions of fangirls going wtf, though. :D
  • KurtK1970
    KurtK1970 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but even though I normally *love* Matt Smith's Doctor, I thought the last series was very...so-so. Because of that, I am really, really excited to have an older Doctor. I think it will really change things up!
    I just hope they bring back River Song as a love interest for him. I have an insane crush on her.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but even though I normally *love* Matt Smith's Doctor, I thought the last series was very...so-so. Because of that, I am really, really excited to have an older Doctor. I think it will really change things up!
    I just hope they bring back River Song as a love interest for him. I have an insane crush on her.

Was thinking that too, I could see them together. Capaldi and Anna Chancellor had some really interesting chemistry (and great scenes together) on The Hour, They weren't an active couple anymore but it made you think things must have been pretty hot between them. I wonder if she can make an appearance.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Really ????

He played a sneaky bugger in some Torchwood episodes, so now I have to wrap my mind around him being a good guy :tongue: