1st workout since baby.. I'm going to die!

Options
Just did my first workout (30 day shred) since before I got pregnant. OMG I thought I was going to die. I took like 30 breaks. I did go easy on myself since I'm only 6 weeks post c-section but I'm still dragging! I hope my body gets used to this quickly! This SUCKS!

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Don't push yourself too hard, and yes, breaks are needed! This is strenuous on the abdominals too. I had a vaginal delivery and I wasn't ready for it until almost 5 months pp. I kept feeling an achiness and soreness in my lower pelvic area and finally my midwife suggested I slow down.
  • mommy2ellaleecozbi
    mommy2ellaleecozbi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh I definitely feel the strain in my lower abs. They were pretty much torn apart through 3 c-sections. I am SO happy I have my 3 babies and I am DONE with being pregnant! I feel like now I can finally concentrate on loosing weight and it wont be ruined with another pregnancy!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    6 weeks. take it easy. i could barely walk at that point.
  • ash778
    ash778 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take your time building back up. Don't push yourself to hard. You will get to the point where you won't feel like your going to die. Congrats on the new baby :)
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    It gets easier but go slow esp with a c-section. I started with walking with the stroller. Good luck :)
  • mommy2ellaleecozbi
    mommy2ellaleecozbi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I use the belly band I got from the hospital when I workout to keep my belly from jumping around. It helps a lot. I'm a pretty fast healer. I was walking around doing dishes and vacuuming a week after surgery. My husband said he had a whole new respect for me after getting to watch them preform the surgery (he always had to be out of the room for the previous 2 babies). It's day 3 with the shred and I'm starting to feel like I might live lol. I don't push myself too hard, if something is hurting my belly I stop. After having to stay sedentary for 10 months its nice to feel my body move again!
  • NewDeb13
    NewDeb13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My first workout since baby was rough too. Like you, I had a cesarean, my first. I hate the recovery!!! It's almost three months since and I can finally do more. Still hurts at times. I see a lot of posts about a 30 day shred...I'm curious, what is that? A home workout? A gym class?

I'm also thankful to be moving around after bedrest almost the whole pregnancy! Feels wonderful doesn't it!?