New here, but not new to PCOS or TTC!

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kristen, I'm 33 and married to my husband for the last 5 1/2 years (we've been together 10 years). We've been TTC on and off since we got married and just started seeing an RE in April of this year. I was diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance in 2007 before we were married. I had my HSG test in June which showed two rather large polyps in my uterus but my tubes were clear. On July 19th, I had a hysteroscopy, polypectomy and D&C to take care of the polyps and my extremely thick lining. We have our post op appointment on Thursday of this week to discuss our next step. I currently take 1500mg of Metformin ER a day. The doctor said our likely next step will be clomid and trigger shots with IUI. I'm nervous and excited about getting my BFP. While TTC, I am trying to lose as much weight as I can so pregnancy is easier. I've been overweight for all of my adult life and have been stuck at the same weight for the last 6 months.

Replies

• nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your post it was good to read. I am 30, BMI 27, active walker and job, been TTC since Sept last year. My hub and I have been together 10 years and married for 5. I have had Crohn's for most of our married life and I wanted to get pregnant after our 1st year anniversary. We got successful in march and it was amazing to be pregnant for like 3 weeks then be told I would miscarry. I honestly was so angry at the world after waiting sooo long to get my Crohns disease under control. I never got a period again so I went to a RE Gynae privately (public health system in NZ) and he diagnosed me with PCOS. I have now had a period due to provera and I have done a 5 day on low 25mg Clomid cycle finishing yesterday as I had a very high AMH 42. I hope this will allow me to get pregnant again. I have been on Paleo diet.

Good luck
    Karlee :-)