Xbox 360'er needs ideas

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
Outside the big names like HALO, BF and COD.... what are some suggestions. I originally got my Xbox for sports games but recently got addicted to HALO so much so I went out and bought them all (Minus 2 as I can't seem to find that one at the local shops - yes I know it was made for Xbox and not 360 but it is backwards compatible from what I've heard). I picked up Lost Planet at Game Stop for $2 and after about an hour got rather bored with it. Big fan of the Mass Effect series as well so

Suggestions? Anything at this point.

Replies

• lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mirror's Edge is fun. You could probably find it for cheap. It's a 1st person game that focuses on parkour, instead of dumping lead. The Xbox Live Arcade is full of plenty of amazing games, and all of them can be demo'ed I think. Shadow Complex, Limbo, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai... All amazing games. I stopped buying retail games for a while, simply becasue the Arcade is fantastic.
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Borderlands 1 & 2
    Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas
    Resident Evil 6
    Rainbow Six Vegas & Vegas 2

A used copy of Borderlands 2 may still run in the $30s + though
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Borderlands 1 & 2
    Fallout
    Lost Odyssey(Final fantasy style RPG)
    Metal Gear solid HD collection
    Assassins creed
    Trials HD & Trials Evolution (XBL Arcade)

XBL Arcade games worth trying the free trial download:

Shadow Complex
    Ms. Splosion Man
    Mark of the Ninja
    Outland
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The Bioshock series
    The Fallout Games
    Skyrim

I'd also recommend Dead Space over Resident Evil. I'm a die hard fan of the original survival horror genre and the game has deviated drastically. I was even playing old school Alone in the Dark this morning; that game is much shorter than I remember.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Borderlands I agree with.

there's a game on XBL called N+. It's a basic platformer/puzzle game. You're a ninja, find your way out of this crazy room, pretty much. I was sooooo addicted to that game for a while. Definitely worth checking out
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins might be right up your alley.

Also look into:
    Lost Odyssey (so underrated)
    The Orange Box (contains Half Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2, & Portal)
    Portal 2 (first person puzzle/platformer)
    Bioshock series
  • XxRavena
    XxRavena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should check out Skyrim, a lot of gameplay hours and DLC that will extend the life even more.( I would also recommend Morrowind as it is backwards compatible on the 360, but it isn't easy to find at stores.)
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Space 1 and 2
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Fable series MAYBE.. it's alright...Not three so much. >>
    Oh and Unreal Tournament 3 is an older FPS 360 game but has solid multiplayer. : P
  • nerding4ever
    Options
    Darksiders
    Lego series: Lotr/Pirates/Starwars/Batman (if you want a decent game with old school feel)
    Fallout 3/ New Vegas
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Mass Effect Series
    Red Dead Redemption (still my favorite game on 360)
    The Saboteur
    Bully
    GTA IV
    Bioshock series
    Dragon Age
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Outside the big names like HALO, BF and COD.... what are some suggestions. I originally got my Xbox for sports games but recently got addicted to HALO so much so I went out and bought them all (Minus 2 as I can't seem to find that one at the local shops - yes I know it was made for Xbox and not 360 but it is backwards compatible from what I've heard). I picked up Lost Planet at Game Stop for $2 and after about an hour got rather bored with it. Big fan of the Mass Effect series as well so

Suggestions? Anything at this point.

Sell it and get a ps3. so many more (And better) games there. I have both consoles. pretty much halo and mass effect were the reasons to have an xbox but now bungie is writing for all platforms and microsoft has halo.. mass effect is on ps3 and you have uncharted tomb raider last of us ratchet and clank assassins creed borderlands ect ect on ps3 there is a lot more variety.

xboxone sounds like it's going to be terrible and not a lot of content. I"m ditching xbox myself and I'll be picking up ps4
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    GTA IV, Left 4 Dead 2, Braid, Portal, Portal 2, Geometry Wars, Braid, Tomb Raider, MGS HD, Skyrim, Rock Band 3, Braid, Forza 4, PGR4, Rez HD, Rayman Origins, Braid.

Also, Braid.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something different I second the braid suggestion. It is a 2d platformer with a pretty unique time-based gameplay mechanic. Limbo is pretty cool too if you want something a little dark and artsy. Another 2d platformer. A bunch of the big name titles were already mentioned so I figured I'd throw out some more indie ideas. If you want to have a life and play something really old school, check out I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1. It's nothing life changing but it's pretty chaotic and the song is awesome. Super Meatboy, Shadow Complex, and Fez are all supposed to be good as well.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just realised I forgot the best thing EVER.

Viva Piñata!
  • backtp
    backtp Posts: 23
    Options
    Splinter Cell Series (conviction specially its awesome)
  • erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Mass Effect Series, Dragon Age Origins (the 2nd DA kinda sucks), BioShock, LA Noire (it was ok, but I was hooked), Lara Croft, Assassins Creed, Alice Madness Returns.......