Slow progress

Options
Hi guys.

Can you give me an example of how you progressed when you first started SL? Eg: your stats for the first couple of months???

Been doing SL since 10 July this year. SLOWLY increasing weight but also have some short term restrictions due to not being set up properly at home ... Yet!

Thanks!
Loz

Replies

• storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm still pretty new, so I may not be the best person to go by, but I'll give you my stats anyway :smile:

I started SL around the same time you did I think. I'm not totally sure since the log is on my old phone and hasn't been moved to my new one yet. Oops!

When I started I was doing (I think):

Squats -> 50 lbs (dumbbells)
    Rows -> 50 lbs?
    OHP -> 45 lbs
    Bench -> 45 lbs
    DL -> 85 lbs or so

Now I'm up to:

Squats -> 60 lbs (my form was complete crap so I started over and am using a barbell now)
    Rows -> 70 lbs
    OHP -> 50 lbs (so hard to progress!)
    Bench -> 70 lbs
    DL -> 135 lbs

Excluding squats and OHP, I think I'm processing fairly well. If I feel unsure about a weight or really struggle with it, I'll repeat it before advancing, so I may be moving slower than usual. I'm ok with slow progression though because I want to be safe and not destroy my form like I did with squats. Lesson learned there! I don't think there's any right or wrong pace to move at either. Just keep kicking butt and enjoy getting stronger!
  • Lozm1980
    Lozm1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow storm. You are doing really well! Good job! I'm just going to keep going.... Safely... Can't wait to get set up properly and kick butt!!!

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    don't worry about what other people do! as long as you progress, with good form, you're doing great :)
    I actually was the other way round, progressed really fast but then got stuck, deloaded, built back up, got stuck, deloaded, built back up, went on holiday, deloaded.. you get the picture. so that is almost more frustrating than slow and steady I'd say!
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    Lozm - lwoodroff is da bom - listen to the lady ;-)

As long as your are healthy, lifting with good form, just keep going - us ladies are better at focusing on form - hence why we make kiss *kitten* awesome lifters who lift well - I'm on week 10 and about to do my first deload and re-assess, been getting frustrated at lack of progress on some lifts and over the moon at what I can do on others

My stats

OHP 2.5kg > 25kg
    Bench 2.5kg > 30kg
    Deadlift 5kg > 80kg
    Squat 5kg> 75kg
    Row 2.5kg >35kg

The biggest thing for me has been the journey - struggling really bad at one thing and then lifting it the next time, or the time after that or after that. - I would not have jumped in week 1 and deadlifted 80kg - no way - but I can now!

Keep learning, keep lifting, keep focusing on your form, eat to lift, to be strong and kick some lifting butt!

x
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    da bomb? is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    #sonotdownwiththekids

#boom!
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    I wish I was a kid :-) he he he he

dabomb = total awesomness, kick *kitten*,

so boom boom indeed
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Indeed as long as you are progressing with good form thats all that matters :smile:

but my progress when following Stonglifts up until I smashed a wrist, so only 19 sessions:

Squat: 20kg - 70kg
    Bench: 20kg - 35kg
    Row - 30kg - 50kg
    OHP: 20kg - 27.5kg
    Deadlift: 50kg - 90kg
  • Lozm1980
    Lozm1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks again ladies. Very reassuring!

You guys are awesome:)