Coke/Soda/Pop

Options
Alexz210
Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
Hi Ladies! Is anyone else having trouble kicking their coke habit? (In the south, we call all carbonated drinks "coke"). I've been having one a day! I tried to cut it down to the weekends only, but that didn't go too well either. I'm still drinking plenty of water, but I know it would be best for me and for baby to cut back! It's the sugar that I'm feeling badly about. And diet drinks would not be good now. PLUS I hate coffee.

Anyone else struggling with this? Suggestions for kicking the habit?

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Maybe try iced tea with different types of flavors added? Or what about a specialty/gourmet type of soda with better types/lower amounts of sweetener? (I don't know if that even exists but there's a market for everything right...)

It could be fun to try something totally new :)
  • meghanvest
    Options
    In my opinion one a day is not a big deal. I almost have to drink one a day or I get bad migraines. I drank alot more during my last pregnancy and he turned out fine, a little hyper maybe LOL
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with the flavored tea. I also make infused/flavored water. It's not hard, seriously. Mostly pick your flavor of fresh fruit, maybe some herbs (mint is usually great) and you kinda mush them together then just add water. Just google it or look on pinterest. I have a hard time getting enough water when I'm not prego, and now my blood pressure is really low so it's more super important to stay hydrated.

I HATE pop (Okie slang) and haven't drank any since like junior high. So no advice about how to stop drinking it, other than just don't do it. Don't buy it. Don't let it be an option. In my opinion: one caffeinated drink is ok, but if you really don't think you should be having the sugar, than it's just like losing weight, you have to set your mind to it and do it. If it's important to you, you'll do it.

Good luck!
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I switched to diet pop for my weight loss journey and have grown to love it, now that I have had to give it up I am findng it hard! once a a while I get a Zevia (natural healthy product soft drink sweetened with stevia) to cure the craving but it's not the same as a good ol coke zero :S
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing is to have good intentions and try to cut down slowly but don't stress about it, stress is worse for baby than a bit of caffeine.