Dating into more?

Options
Just curious what the general view is on this. When you are dating someone ... meaning the the beginning stage where you're getting to know someone going on dates and hanging out (have to explain because dating means something different to everyone) ... at what point does dating someone turn into something more? Is this a conversation that happens at some point or something that just happens? I ask because I've gone out on 7 dates with a guy ... I know it's not at that point yet of being something more, but at what point does that happen?

Replies

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different. For me, its always been 1-2 months of dating. I've been dating my new fella for almost a month now. We aren't official. We've gone out and hung out over 15 times! We see each other 3-4 times a week.
    And yes, never assume a guy is your boyfriend unless there's a talk.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone...especially depending on what people are looking for out of the other person. Over the last couple years of dating and the crap I've encountered I've learned to never assume. With my current boyfriend of 3.5 months we had the discussion. It was brought up in a goofy manner -- someone called me his girlfriend so I asked if he considered me his girlfriend and told him he had to ask lol. So we talked about it and decided to be exclusive. I think a talk has to take place..timing depends the couple.
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When both parties decide on it...

Of course, the hitch is that people have their own timeframes or their own "steps", i.e. # of dates, how much physicality is involved, etc, etc before they think it's actually something concrete.

The thing is once you feel it should be exclusive, you should immediately address that you want it that way.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    There's no conversation necessary. When one decides it's exclusive the other has to agree. And id they don't, why just take him and tie him up in your closet until he agrees. Make sure yo provide him with plenty of sustenance and gifts until he realizes how perfect for each other you are!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    There's no conversation necessary. When one decides it's exclusive the other has to agree. And id they don't, why just take him and tie him up in your closet until he agrees. Make sure yo provide him with plenty of sustenance and gifts until he realizes how perfect for each other you are!

and if that doesn't work go all Misery on him and take care of his foot
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

umm...
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Haha taking the dominatrix role quite seriously, eh? (You know I love you! :flowerforyou: )

I usually wait for them to bring it up (I know, I know, so traditional of me!) However, I've found the more I just relax and have fun with it, the quicker they want to actually "make it official". It's usually around a month.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a personal thing and depends on both involved - and to be an item I would say both involved must agree to it, of course! The last relationship I was in, I dated the girl for probably a month or so (seeing her pretty much every day during that time) before we were "official" although within probably a week of when we started dating, we weren't anywhere near seeing anyone else anyway.