Walking and workout buddies

Hi everyone!

New to the group and just learning myfitnesspal. Have a big journey ahead of me and to stay motivated I am looking for fitness buddies.

My current activities include walking and deep water aquafit. I have just started a plus size yoga class at Yoga Wellness but that will finish in August. There is a fun class I would like to take called Bellyfit near Whyte Ave (ish) in September. I live in the Millwoods area with my husband and young daughter. With church and family commitments, I am available early Saturday mornings and can pick one evening a week for an activity. I will be working on doing some exercises with my daughter and getting into a routine.

Looking for motivation and support. If anyone would like to workout with me I am very interested. Females preferred. Time for me to lose the baby weight since my little miracle just turned 3. I want to be a good example and take control of some health issues I have. We don't have all the answers yet but I can focus on improving my nutrition and exercise.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Shauna

Replies

• zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    I'm new to the group too and would like some fitness oriented buddies!
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Welcome to both of you. I'm in the Ellerslie area and always looking for walking buddies. Providing you are okay with a dog tagging along.
    I have memberships at the Y and city facilities. I find a schedule is key for me to stay on track so if this is something that interests you then let me know.
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    We should definitely have a meet up sometime - it would be fun!
  • Craftedkim
    Craftedkim Posts: 2 Member
    I just joined the group. I have been using myfitnesspal on and off for a while now. I am in the downtown area. Mainly I go for a jog for exercise. WIll probably be heading to the Y downtown once it gets colder.

Are there any exercise meet-ups for the group?
  • BooBoo1264
    BooBoo1264 Posts: 164
    I am in the Ellerslie/Summerside area :)

Always looking for someone to join in a bike ride or walk.

Also go to world health and dont mind traveling to work out with someone :D