So Sore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
leanna1120
leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
I am on week two of my on ramp program. I am so sore I can hardly move....seriously how am I going to complete the work out tomorrow?? Is this normal? Will it go away??? Yikes!! I swear even my eyelids are sore:)

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are in pain. But I find it funny because I can totally relate! After my first day I was so sore I could barely walk and there was no way I was going back the next day. I didn't go back until the following week because it took that long to get back to normal.

Believe it or not, it will get easier and each time you will be a little less sore. Pretty soon you will be able to do squats like there is no tomorrow.

Hang in there.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep i've been there. It took me a full week to recover from my onramp. And up til then I thought I was pretty fit. Apparently not. But it does get better.
    If you can, invest in a foam roller and use it! I find it helps with my recovery times.
  • Ichigo2012
    Ichigo2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yep. I spent 2 weeks so sore it hurt just to roll out of bed and I had to hold on with both hands just to sit on the toilet.
  • leanna1120
    leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I completed my workout today...and miraculously I am less sore! Thanks for the encouragement:)
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    K so I was taking a drink of water and it almost hit my monitor with that one. Thanks for the laugh. I even teared up a bit from laughter.

...even my eyelids are sore... Literally an LOL

Yes, first 2 weeks are rough, but it gets easier.

It will always be hard and challenging, but easier. Great job pushing through. I love this board b/c we can all relate so well.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The thing that always makes me less sore is more CF. Until the next day. Lol.

I'm glad you got through it!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeah your best bet is to go a bit early and foam roll the hell out of whatever is sore, then do the workout. Scale it down if you need to, but moving and using the muscles will help get the lactic acid buildup out.
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    It will get better! Funny enough, CF doesn't make me sore anymore, it is the yoga we do at my box on Saturday's to recover from the week!