Need some motivation

Dalker
Dalker Posts: 44 Member
Hi

Just started the program and started with the 20kg olympic bar. As ever it's the OHP I am struggling with. Today I upped to 22.5kg and completly struggled (I managed 4/3/2/0/0). The other lifts seem a bit too easy (I am resisting the temptation to push ahead too fast as I know it won't be easy for long!). Just feels a bit like a wasted workout at the moment as I'd done a little training before hand and I've dropped the weights right back down. I know everyone is different but how long before it starts to kick my *kitten*? As for the OHP, I just want to hear someone has had some sucess in increasing the weight! I'm only little 5'1 and 49kg so I'm not expecting miracles!

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
  • Dalker
    Thanks
    I'm not too sure of my form to be honest, I've watched a few videos but not that one. Checking it out now, looks very helpful.
  • klaaja
    klaaja Posts: 2 Member
    Stick with it and you will see results. I moved to a 5X5 program after plateauing in my crossfit workouts. I've only been doing it for a little over a month now but I've alreaday seen increases in all my lifts. You're just a weelittle thing so your increases are not going to be as quick but it will happen. Don't get discouraged. Keep lifting and give it time.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Thanks
    I'm not too sure of my form to be honest, I've watched a few videos but not that one. Checking it out now, looks very helpful.

It's a surprisingly technical lift, and I've seen even intermediate lifters do it with awful form. That video is worth watching all the way through--at some point, Rip himself demonstrates the press.
  • Dalker
    I've watched it and I definitely have some improvements to make!
  • Drop down to a lighter weight.