You are not Rich Froning

Options
Just an article I read today that I enjoyed and wanted to share :) .

http://www.tabatatimes.com/you-are-not-rich-froning/

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Thanks for sharing!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great article
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good read but it kept me wondering more about his background...hmm. Thanks for sharing.
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    There are a couple of "day in the life" videos on youtube about Rich Froning, and he also released a book called "First" a couple months ago if you want to know more about him.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just finished it. Good read. A bit preachy as he is a devout Christian but he's really not too over the top about it.

He's won 3 Games in a row and lost the one prior to that by 3 points because he had never learned how to properly climb a rope.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    i don't care what the article says... I... AM... FRONING!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    He is probably the ideal CF athlete in terms of build. Taller guys like me (6'3) have a much harder time adding mass and creating leverage with out longer arms/legs.

He also outworks everyone and it's not even close.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    watching him in the Crossfit games was impressive... he's a machine - nothing phased him... blew me away.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Love this! I agree that Rich Froning is a total freak of nature... in an amazing and bad-*kitten* way.
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    haha ya def a freak, but in the best kind of way. He is still very inspirational and though totally way above any fitness goal I will ever achieve I still have mad respect for this guy and look up to him...he's not too bad to look at either *teehee :)
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    Rich Froning and Samantha Briggs should totally make super elite fitness babies together.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^New Balance Minimus? I have a pair and they might be the most comfortable shoes I own. It's like working out in slippers.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Rich Froning and Samantha Briggs should totally make super elite fitness babies together.

Lmao super baby army!!!