Pilates DVD??

Options
ChristyJade
ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
Hi

I really want to try some pilates, but classes never fit in with my free time! So does anyone have any suggestions of a good pilates DVD? :)

Replies

• helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You should check out Blogilates on Youtube (she has a DVD too!), she has hundreds of videos and workouts on there - more recently her workouts are fun and girly, but right back at the start she has some quieter ones. I'd definitely recommend them, they are challenging!
  • Sunnydale14
    Options
    I like Everyday Pilates. It comes with a book with full diagrams of the moves, which is helpful, and all the sessions are only 15 minutes so easy to fit in your day if you're busy.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Seconding Blogilates. If you go to the site (blogilates.com), you can search by category and there is pilates, HIIT and other options.

I find the problem with DVDs is if you only have a few, they get boring pretty quickly. I did Pilates Workout for Dummies, which is good for beginners but doesn't have a lot of long term appeal. I have lots of pilates DVDs but most are a bit slow for me, and I don't feel like I'm doing much.
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another Pilates instructor to try on YouTube is Erin Huggins. She has a very good beginners routine.