Random thread.....

Options
Nix143
Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
So I pop in here occasionally and it's never very busy and I can only presume you're all off being fabulous and wot not

However, I wanted to, you know, just chit chat - so hello from the UK, how's your day? Do you have anything fantastic planned for the weekend?

I'm having a rare dry weekend as I am off to Spain with my 2 best friends in a fortnight's time so I figure my liver needs the break :laugh: . I will be house cleaning, dog waking and generally pottering around in preparation.

G'wan, come in and chew the fat with me.........

Replies

• MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes I love my chit chat! This weekend will be a lot of fun i'm hoping. I'm going out for clubbing on gay night and then have a Martial Arts seminar this weekend for 6 hours each and then seeing "newsies" with the family.

It's almost too much haha.

Also we're always fabulous
  • kjennings0202
    kjennings0202 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh wow Spain! How amazing! My weekend will be pretty boring and low key. (kids do that to ya!) I plan on cleaning and packing some old stuff and taking it to a local donation drop off. (Crazy and wild here, right?)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Oh wow Spain! How amazing! My weekend will be pretty boring and low key. (kids do that to ya!) I plan on cleaning and packing some old stuff and taking it to a local donation drop off. (Crazy and wild here, right?)

I think I may have you beat. I have an exciting weekend of doing laundry, mowing the yard, and cooking all the food I need for next week. Can I bear the excitement?

Spain does sound incredible. My best friend leaves for Vienna for a week tomorrow morning. My big, strong, handsome, sexiest mofo I know, ex-Navy medic (2 tours in Iraq with a front-line Marine unit). Who I reduced to tears Wednesday night by calling him onto the stage at karaoke with me. And made him sit, while I sang "For Good" from Wicked to him. Because he has changed my life. As I know I've changed his.

Seems like all my fun comes during the week.
  • Nix143
    Options
    I'm super excited about Spain - we're spending some time in Barcelona and then the rest at the beach - bliss :)

leebesstoad - that is such a lovely story. I hope your friend has a wonderful time in Vienna and comes back with some great stories for you XX One of the best nights in my life was singing 'Dream a Little Dream' in a male gay bar in London - at the side of the stage was a flight of stairs and as I got to the end of the song there was a queer boy on every step of the stairs singing la la la la la laaaaaaa laaaaaaaa with me - the sound was amazing and it was one of those experiences that make you beam all the way though you

Off shopping with my lovely son today - he's going to be best man at his dad's wedding in a couple of weeks time so we're of to buy his outfit -#veryproudmum

Happy Saturday you lot! xxx
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    So I pop in here occasionally and it's never very busy and I can only presume you're all off being fabulous and wot not

However, I wanted to, you know, just chit chat - so hello from the UK, how's your day? Do you have anything fantastic planned for the weekend?

I'm having a rare dry weekend as I am off to Spain with my 2 best friends in a fortnight's time so I figure my liver needs the break :laugh: . I will be house cleaning, dog waking and generally pottering around in preparation.

G'wan, come in and chew the fat with me.........

Where abouts in the UK you from? I'm from South west - Hi :)
  • kjennings0202
    kjennings0202 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I think I may have you beat. I have an exciting weekend of doing laundry, mowing the yard, and cooking all the food I need for next week. Can I bear the excitement?

Spain does sound incredible. My best friend leaves for Vienna for a week tomorrow morning. My big, strong, handsome, sexiest mofo I know, ex-Navy medic (2 tours in Iraq with a front-line Marine unit). Who I reduced to tears Wednesday night by calling him onto the stage at karaoke with me. And made him sit, while I sang "For Good" from Wicked to him. Because he has changed my life. As I know I've changed his.

Seems like all my fun comes during the week.

Oh I think you did beat me! I'm in an apartment, so I don't get to do lawn work, but I would love to have a garden to tend to!
  • AZ_Danny
    AZ_Danny Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello there :)

Went to the museum with my roomie today. And tomorrow... laundry and preparing for the week ahead
  • Nix143
    Options

Where abouts in the UK you from? I'm from South west - Hi :)

I'm at the top of Lancashire - miles and miles away *waving* hello!

@kjennings - you can come do my garden, I'm not keen! You cut the grass, it grows again, you cut the grass, yep it grows again, meh - don't ask my why I bought a house with 2 gardens!

@ahmed - morning! How was the museum? I have a typica busy sunday ahead of me - main thing is to give Reggie and Gertie, my two pugs, a ruddy good walk, they are bouncing off the walls!

Have a lovely Sunday wherever you are XX
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This weekend is my gf's and I's (sounds weird) 4th anniversary. It's been rough getting here so we're getting away to a lake resort and rekindling...I can't wait! Although, Spain sounds pretty darn nice! Maybe next...decade lol!
  • Nix143
    Options
    Ahhh have a lovely anniversary. The week i go to Spain would have been my 5th anniversary (and the 4th anniversary of getting engaged) to my last partner (we split in March) - is it wrong to say I'm so glad it isn't? :tongue: .
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. But seeing all these couples that break up around year 4/5 is really giving me a panic attack hopefully that wont happen to my current GF.

Been together for close to 2.5 years. Going strong but I guess we'll have see what happens when she graduates. Stress.............
  • Nix143
    Options
    Pah to stress and panic attacks :smile: The couple I am going to Spain with have been together 22 years :heart:
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ooh fun, chit chat! Love killing work hours with this! :)

My weekend holds a strong possibility of meeting my gf's parents for the first time! She has been trying to find a good time to get us all together, and we had made tentative plans for Saturday night that fell through, so she asked her parents what they are doing and is awaiting their response (although they don't tend to be extremely busy as they are retired). I am both excited and nervous!!!
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    My weekend will be hopefully a gardening one but today am having my weekly open house swim party for friends and have 20-30 people to cook for. Time to get some cherry tomatoes hollowed out, jalapeno peppers prepped, and rub some ribs.
  • Nix143
    Options
    @jmwolffyy - hope you get to meet them and it goes swimmingly - it's always a bit nerve wracking isn't it? I'm sure you will knock 'em dead :smile:

@QueenWino - a swim party! So jealous - looking out of my kitchen window it is absolutely bucketing it down. I could be simming on my patio soon if the water doesn't drain :happy: Have a lovely time, you have lucky friends :smile: