Above and beyond all symptoms - I knew this was the problem

Options
So, I have known for awhile I have a sensitivity to gluten. I did an elimination diet starting late 2012. When I consumed gluten, symptoms would return. When I eliminated it, symptoms would disappear. Pretty easy, so I thought.

I never made a connection between psychological issues and gluten consumption until now. Long story short, I have this dream career that excites me, and it's something I've been trying to get a job in for years now. It's all I ever wanted to do. I have the ability to "job shadow" in a position related to my dream career.

To my surprise, I didn't feel like doing it today. I woke up, feeling tired, achy, dreary, depressed, miserable, and just "blah". I was going to call and cancel the opportunity. There is a very high probability that I will be hired on by this company in the near future, and I wanted to back out.

What is wrong with me? Then I put it together after doing some research - having a gluten intolerance can cause this.

I ingested gluten two days ago. I usually get the symptoms 24 hours or so after I consume it. Then it lasts for a few days after.

It's definitely time to be more cautious about these things. I do not feel myself at all!

L.

Replies

• FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have the 24 hour delay as well with symptoms... and yes, they last for a day or two with me as well. I've experienced a very similar issue as you have indicated... not fun. Hope you feel better soon!
  • dobermomof3
    Options
    My husband calls me gluten gouchy if I accidently have a slip of contaimination... I mean I am really bad...I cry for a few days and gave the words worse anxiety it is horrible... I feel your pain.:yawn:
  • peaceoutpcos
    Options
    I am really hoping gluten free works for me. My entire story can be found on my blog (faithfulleigh.blogspot.com) but I think my sinus issues are because of my GERD and I think the GERD is because of the gluten if that makes any sense. I'm trying to avoid another sinus surgery. I've also lost 22lbs since January (could be more but I've needed steroids for sinus issues) and I was blown away to see alllll the issues, including weight issues, that can be the result of a gluten sensitivity. I'm on day three right now and I swear I feel less anxious as well. Here's hoping!!! Good luck to you!
  • hot_pickles
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies!

I have been trying to be extremely careful this week, but I must have come into contact with something (gravy perhaps), because I have broken out into hives. Of course, they are on my face, which is not the greatest! Oh well...

Definitely time to be more cautious!

L.