Count down

Options
Am I the only mom counting down till school starts? My kids are 6& soon to be 8, we have had a good summer but I'm so done with the whining. Looking forward to some quiet time! Loves of my life, but I just can't

Replies

• readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Am I the only mom counting down till school starts? My kids are 6& soon to be 8, we have had a good summer but I'm so done with the whining. Looking forward to some quiet time! Loves of my life, but I just can't

HAHAHA! I'm a teacher. How I wish the summer was longer. :laugh:
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! You have no idea! School starts tomorrow and I am so excited. For a couple reasons my son's first day of Pre-k is tomorrow and it will be his first time in that type of setting (didn't go to day care) and it is at our elementary. Sonits like school to me. So I am like super happy. But also it's kind of a double edged sword because I know when it is close for the kids to go back to school then I am going back to work. I don't know. This summer wore me out! It's almost a relief to go back to work. I promise you I have no idea how people home school their children. I give it up to them because sometimes I need a break! And my kids are only 2&4! LMBO!!!!!
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    LOL I homeschool!!!
  • Congorob
    Options
    Lol I homeschool as well I have found the gym to be a great place for a break
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about joining one with childcare. Funny when running on a treadmill sounds relaxing!
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's because you all are super woman!!! Seriously! I have no idea how you do it. But I promise I admire you so!
  • Pamelabradham
    Options
    I don't have any children in school, mine are 32 and 30.... BUT.............. I'll be so happy when our landlords kids go back, OMG it must be manditory to yell at the top of your lungs like your being killed while you play outside... We live in a house at the back of their property so the kids are always running around.

We live in Texas so maybe I am just ready for the FALL !!!!
  • Congorob
    Options
    I don't have any children in school, mine are 32 and 30.... BUT.............. I'll be so happy when our landlords kids go back, OMG it must be manditory to yell at the top of your lungs like your being killed while you play outside... We live in a house at the back of their property so the kids are always running around.

We live in Texas so maybe I am just ready for the FALL !!!!

We live in Texas as well and I am definitely ready for fall lol I'd be really grateful for some snow. We live in Laredo. I made it to the gym again this am did 90 min on bike and 50 min on treadmill came home had tons of energy did 25 jumping jacks without feeling like I was gonna die and without stopping. Went and got last of things to start school tomorrow did a few extra laps around target. Came home rode bike for additional 30 min rearranged closet still have so much energy having trouble going to sleep