Is this normal?

Options
leanna1120
leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
Hey All,
I'm starting my 3rd week of the on ramp. I do have weight to lose but am not weighing myself because I realize that building muscle (which I am hopefully doing) will skew those results. I am Crossfitting 3 times per week and running twice per week as well as eating at a calorie deficit. I am limiting processed foods and carbs. I am feeling really bloated, full, and " thick" all over. Haven't checked my measurements but I know I am thicker in the abdomen just by the way my pants fit. Is this normal? I don't expect to be a size down or anything, but I'm actually feeling worse. Thoughts anyone? Prior to starting the Crossfit on ramp I had taken an 8 week hiatus from intense exercise and was only walking and occasionally running. I was also eating pretty much whatever I wanted.

Replies

• Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi

When you say that you are eating at a deficit by how much and are you eating back exercise cals?

Reason being that you could be eating two few calories which results in the body holding on to fuel in reserves. This can be frequently experienced when doing intense workouts with a low daily calorie intake.

Ceff x
  • leanna1120
    leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about 15% below my TDEE roughly 1800 calories. On days I am hungry I eat back my exercise calories but not every day I exercise. Just feeling like someone pumped me up with a tire pump!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Have you added any new foods? Are you drinking enough water?

Also, I'm assuming from your username that you're female - CF can also change your cycles (speed them up, I have NO idea why), so maybe the bloating is from that?