Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PS4 vs XBOX ONE vs WII U vs PC

Your choice
You choose

GO !

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    PS4 & XBone is using an AMD x86-64 processor with an AMD Radeon 7850(PS4) & 7790(XBone). I'll stick with PC. Porting games will be extremely easy with both systems being x86 based. Also after the cost to build the PC say $900 for a good PC that'll last 4 years games will cost less thanks to Steam Sales and that the price will drop fast after 3-4 months if you can wait. XBone & PS4 games come out at $60 a piece and stay pretty pricey for a while. I can play on my 50in HDTV with a wireless Xbox360 controller in Steam's Big Picture mode.
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    ima go with PC, because the cost/effectiveness is so much higher. consoles will always be a technological snapshot, with no ability to upgrade individual components.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    PS4. Because Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream won't be making games for anything else.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Hard to say. PS4 looks to be the better console, but Xbox One will have Halo, TitanFall and Forza. Both have Destiny. But, I love my PC D:
  • whooter
    whooter Posts: 47
    PC and PS4
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Actually I'll rephrase that. PS4 day one. XO a bit later. Probably. Depends how intrusive the Kinect stuff ends up being. I've owned every console since '94 so the odds of me not ending up with all of them are approximately nil, but I can really see XO struggling at that price point, so a PS4 and the massive backlog I still have on current gen will comfortably tide me over until MS get in a panic and start slashing the price.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    I have a PC that I'm planning on using for most of my next-gen games. The boyfriend and I will probably still get a PS4 just for some exclusives, but we're not interested in the Xbox.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    My household has always bought ALL of the new consoles, and a gaming pc too. We already have the WII U. That being said we are seriously considering skipping the XBONE. Not interested in the price or the "spying". The XB exclusives are just not enough to get us to buy.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    PS4 won me over with their E3 announcements. I will probably get one after the Xmas rush is over

I still have a gaming PC with Steam. Gotta love their sales
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    mongt.jpg
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    mongt.jpg

QFT, Gamers play games, not consoles. :laugh:

Although I'll probably do the majority of gaming on PC because of the mod community.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    PC by a large margin, but I do have a Launch Day PS4 is already paid off on Amazon, I may pick up an XBO sometime next year, but I want to see how devoted MS is the gaming part of their gaming console first.

Sony has an army of internal studios developing games for their systems (14 1st party, almost a dozen 2nd party), while MS currently only has 2 real internal 1st party studios, Black Tusk and 343, working on XBO exclusive core content, while everything else is being developed through 3rd party developers like Capcom and Double Helix.

Even with the 360, MS' exclusive lineup, tho impressive, was fairly small in comparison to the PS3. I expect the PS4 will have even more exclusive retail titles over the life of the next gen consoles.

http://i.imgur.com/zl10SZ0.jpg
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    PS4. Because Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream won't be making games for anything else.

This^^
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    I love my Wii U, but I really wouldn't compare it to PS4 or XBone. It's great- but in a different way from the other consoles. I don't do any PC gaming, other than silly Facebook crap. The Wii U is a fun family/part sort of console, and it's good for working out with. It's a little bit childish, but I dig it.

When it comes down to XBox One Vs PS4, I'll probably choose the PS4- but I couldn't give you a good reason for it beyond the fact that I've never owned an XBox and don't like the feel of the controller, or how it's set up and runs. These are silly things that a person could easily get over, I realize this, which is why I'm not claiming to have a good reason. ;)

I want the PS4 simply because I had a PS1, then a PS2, and now a PS3. The controller shape, while maybe not as functional as other controllers, feels most comfortable in my hands because it's what I've grown up with. I am undeniably a creature of habit.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    The first Console that enables Keyboard and Mouse will be the one I buy

PC.
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Just got my new gaming rig a couple months ago. And I have both the PS4 and the XBO Launch Editions on reserve with Amazon. For me, it's always been about the games. If there are exclusives on one platform, I'm covered no matter what. I haven't seen anything compelling yet about the WiiU but haven't discounted eventually getting one. If they ever come out with something that is must-have, I'll reconsider.

Microsoft did confirm recently (and essentially reversed what they said previously...again) that the XBO will indeed be functional without the Kinect turned on or even plugged in. This didn't overly concern me that much...if anyone decides to tap into the Kinect to spy on me, they're going to be awfully bored. However, I can see where there would be some trepidation, so I see this move as being necessary to help calm buyers' fears.

That being said, for cross-platform titles, I will probably choose the PS4 due to the slight performance edge. I do enjoy my PC, but due to health I can't sit for protracted periods of time without stiffening up (arthritis among other things.) So titles that require a large time investment like an Elder Scrolls or the like will probably be on a console, as I'm much more comfortable on the sofa than my desk chair for long sessions.