Does anyone knows how to get rid of insomnia?

Options
I've been up til about this time for the last two weeks. What's up with me?

Replies

• NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try 4 - 8 oz of Tart Cherry juice and 400 mg of Magnesium about 1 hour before you go to bed. What time do you usually go to bed?
  • CeCeHarris
    CeCeHarris Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually lay down for bed at 2am I fall asleep maybe an hour later. But I need to going to bed no later than 10pm
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do you go from 2AM TO 10 PM? I have a similar problem. But I can sleep in, so I can get up late if I need to. I am breaking that habit, but staying up as late as I have but then getting up 2 days at 8:30 leaving me with less than adequate sleep. Have you tried going to bed earlier? NO TV, for 1 hour (at least) before bed. Drink some hot Sleepy Time Tea, make a bed ritural. Do some bedtime yoga, then curl up with a book that you really like and read until you start to nod off, put ear plugs in (earlier while reading). Drink you cherry juice an hour before this too!

Try that. Also try taking 400 mg of magnesium with the cherry juice, it is a natural muscle relaxent ( along with calcium).

Try all of that. Staying up really late can set you up for bad sleeping and not enough "quality sleep" I know I have done it too often. Not enough "quality sleep" also can really do damage if you are trying to loose weight. It messes up your hormones and makes you hold on to weight. But you know this. anyway, give it a try for about a week to get a ritual going that pleases your senses, spirit and mind.
    Nina
  • CeCeHarris
    Options
    Thank you for all those wonderful suggestions. I'm definitely going to take your advice. ;0)
  • karen2ket
    karen2ket Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I had all of that advice months ago when I was staying up for days at a time, but im back at a more decent sleep habit now. thank God!
  • CeCeHarris
    Options
    Well I'm sleeping a lil earlier now. I know that sleeping late has an effect on my weight loss efforts.