Anyone heading to Dragon*Con next month?

Options
aimforhealthy
aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
We go and meet up with dozens of friends from all over every year. It's my big annual vacation. Some people go to the Bahamas... :)

Anyone else planning on going this year?

Replies

• hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    You know, we actually decided not to go this year (went the past two) to go on a "family" vacation. I feel like I am regretting that already! If you plan to go next year though, let me know! Would love to have more folks to meet up with and share stories with! Do you do any costuming? And, are there any clebrities you have seen post so far that you are really looking forward to?
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Going for the first time this year, super excited
  • Whiteponie
    Whiteponie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I cant wait!!!
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Is it too late to get a ticket?
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really want to go, I just don't think I can afford the hotel room. I haven't been since 1996.
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    If I remember correctly, you can get a ticket when you are there. It is probably too late to get one of the pre-orders, and at this point I think it costs just as much at the door. As long as you get there early and bring somethign to do the lines for getting tickets have been faster the past few years. Next year...next year...of course, I may need all that time to re-make all of my costumes! :)
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    We go and meet up with dozens of friends from all over every year. It's my big annual vacation. Some people go to the Bahamas... :)

Same here! I've been planning and saving since September...right after I got back. lolol. Haven't missed a year since 2005!
  • Susan_fessler
    Options
    It's getting closer...what are people Cosplaying as? This is my first year at DragonCon and my plan was one Costume, however I now have six not sure how that happened.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    It's getting closer...what are people Cosplaying as? This is my first year at DragonCon and my plan was one Costume, however I now have six not sure how that happened.

HAHAHHAHA!!!! I totally get that! One year I was extra ambitious...and took 9. Never again.

This year:
    Golden Age Catwoman, Steampunk Female Captain Hook, and P'Gell (villainess from The Spirit comic book.)

I have about 10 others...but I'm too heavy for them this year. My Catwoman costume used to be my "fat costume"...now I'm just hoping it fits.
  • Susan_fessler
    Options

HAHAHHAHA!!!! I totally get that! One year I was extra ambitious...and took 9. Never again.

This year:
    Golden Age Catwoman, Steampunk Female Captain Hook, and P'Gell (villainess from The Spirit comic book.)

I have about 10 others...but I'm too heavy for them this year. My Catwoman costume used to be my "fat costume"...now I'm just hoping it fits.

Which Catwoman are you doing I have that one also (it was actually what I got married in) and thank god it's knit fabric because it still fits just needed a new corset. I also have Kraven, Dalek, Zantanna (kind of steampunk), Gaz, and a few just just dresses like Star Trek, Harley Quinn and a steampunk swimsuit hippo costume.
  • Happymelz
    Options

This year:

Which Catwoman are you doing I have that one also (it was actually what I got married in) and thank god it's knit fabric because it still fits just needed a new corset. I also have Kraven, Dalek, Zantanna (kind of steampunk), Gaz, and a few just just dresses like Star Trek, Harley Quinn and a steampunk swimsuit hippo costume.

Golden Age Catwoman. Purple dress, green cape, black booties. :) Shoot...just remembered that I used the whip for Steampunk Catwoman...now I need a new whip.