Day 6- I killed it!

Options
Well, I NAILED IT except for part of the cardio. Not sure why cardio kicks my butt So much on the video! I was able to complete ALL strength and almost all ab work. Did all push ups, even though they were girlie ones! Those damn bicycle crunches will be the death of me!!! I DO feel stronger and have more stamina. Legs are tight but i feel pretty good. Electricity went out for 2 dang seconds and had to restart half way thru. Just watched it til it got to where i left off :laugh: May be easier because I did morning and not evening? Who knows! Missed running due to torrential downpour (I hate rain and refuse to run in it. Not a die hard runner apparently!)

Replies

• danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    WOot! Nice, I wouldn't say I killed day six but once I noticed my little girl watching me, I gave it my all. I was proud to see her doing jumping jacks in the kitchen. We teach our children so much but sometimes we overlook that important lesson of fitness. I am getting better at the girlie push ups! And switching from two 3 lb dumbbells to one 3lb dumbbell for the arm raises/ side lunges really helped me get through that portion of the video.

I'm on the fence about doing day 7 tonight or not. We will be running all over six flags tomorrow and I don't want to be sore. However, I don't feel sore today... so maybe.

I have to say that I've had an insane week and exercise has been my sanctuary
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It's been a god send for me, too, this week. We are goin to worlds of fun (similar to six flags) tomorrow. I'm doing 'day' 7 tonight and nothing tomorrow. Walking will be tomorrow's workout!!! I always feel off doing the side lunges, too. THOSE JUMP ROPES ARE GOING TO KILL ME AS WELL!! Omg I hate them!! Glad I'm not alone!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    The first set is just killing me. I can't go from the squats into the jumping jacks, to the jump rope at all. I don't have the stamina. The squats make me out of breath before I even start the cardo. Now if I had one of the other strength exercises in the squat's place it might be okay but this is driving me crazy.
    Everything else is progressing fine. Just that bit. Ugh!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    You will get there! Just as you got better with all the other stuff, the cardio will kick in too and your stamina will rise. Keep it up and don't quit on us :)
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options
    I've just finished L1D6 and I was finally able to do circuits 2 and 3 all the way through! I certainly didn't think I'd be able to say that. I'm doing the 30DS alongside heavy lifting at the gym so I only do this about 3 times a week to give my body time to recover - so I'm progressing so slowly, but at least I've kept up with it.
  • frogface
    frogface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 5 Level 1

Have to say I felt pretty good but those side lunges with shoulder raises absolutely Kill!!

Half way through each set I have to go to alternating arms because I just can't do both arms at the same time.

I could drop my weights down but they are good for all of the other arm moves so i don't really want to.

Well done guys :-)
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I've just finished L1D6 and I was finally able to do circuits 2 and 3 all the way through! I certainly didn't think I'd be able to say that. I'm doing the 30DS alongside heavy lifting at the gym so I only do this about 3 times a week to give my body time to recover - so I'm progressing so slowly, but at least I've kept up with it.

That's great and really who cares how slow you progress as long as you don't come to a stand still ;)
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I just completed Day 5 Level 1

Have to say I felt pretty good but those side lunges with shoulder raises absolutely Kill!!

Half way through each set I have to go to alternating arms because I just can't do both arms at the same time.

I could drop my weights down but they are good for all of the other arm moves so i don't really want to.

Well done guys :-)

Yeah that exercise kills me too. What I've done is use one weight with both hands, works pretty good and I feel confident that I will soon be able to use both weights soon.