April- nirvana unplugged
May- radio head in rainbows
June- lost in trees
July- queen greatest hits
August- black sabbath- vol 4

Replies

• GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Daft Punk this month whilst working out for me. Soundtrack to Tron Legacy and a live album of theirs (Alive).

For cardio, anything around 120bpm works a treat as I can pound out that pace for ages - works amazing to military band quick marches on the treadmill or a high setting on the Elliptical! The Central Band of the Royal Air Force are good for that.

For longer workouts or rowing, I also enjoy Audible. I can sink myself into the story, or whatever I'm listening to and forget where I am completely. I'm currently working my way through the Dragonlance Chronicles, but think Professor Brian Cox's book will prove a complete distraction to the pain of a workout whilst I try to work out what the hell he's talking about - you read that book? Man alive! Makes Stephen Hawking's books read like childs play!
  • this isn’t exactly a recent album but the El Guincho’s album Pop Negro is fantastic. I love the song Bombay, not to mention it has a lot of babe-in bodies in the film clip I can use for inspiration!
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    ooh I didn't think about books for workouts- I tend to get lost in my kindle if I take it for a walk LOL. might have to look into audible for future walks
  • iavet
    iavet Posts: 10
    just joined group listened to Eric Clapton during treadmill hour this morning. I use a lot of Fitness Tracks minus someone singing.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    just joined group listened to Eric Clapton during treadmill hour this morning. I use a lot of Fitness Tracks minus someone singing.

Makes me wanna turn on Cream.
  • iavet
    iavet Posts: 10
    Anybody like classical Cardio music I have 2/ 30 minute sessions that I love.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Anybody like classical Cardio music I have 2/ 30 minute sessions that I love.
    I was just figuring out classical cardio set I would like to hear yours I went Neoclassical With Igor Stravinky's Rite of Spring
  • this isn’t exactly a recent album but the El Guincho’s album Pop Negro is fantastic. I love the song Bombay, not to mention it has a lot of babe-in bodies in the film clip I can use for inspiration!

DUDE! I am so glad I googled that! I love that sound! And omg- topless women in high-waisted shorts! Thank You!
    He had me at "We are all made of stars."
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    this isn’t exactly a recent album but the El Guincho’s album Pop Negro is fantastic. I love the song Bombay, not to mention it has a lot of babe-in bodies in the film clip I can use for inspiration!
    Spanish hipster music, interesting . . . :)