No More Abuse!!!

Options
We have to stop beating ourselves up! I am so hard on myself and apparently it's not working. Yes we say we are going to do something and we don't follow through. Yes we loose the weight and gain it back. But hey we can do this. Not because we are bad girls and we have failed in the past. But because we are champions and we are going to take this opportunity to learn from our mistakes and do something differently. And if we slip up. We come back to the group. Admit it as get over it. No more self abuse. Only upliftment. We can encourage each other. That doesnt mean pacify. It means be a positive influence to your weight loss sister in chatterbox. Tell her what works for you. Tell her that she is not alone in her struggles! We are here to lose weight and that is what we are going to do! No more excuses. Acoubtability is a major part in the weight loss journey. And the only person you truly have to be accountable to is yourself

Whew. Talking to y'all and myself on this one ;)

Replies

• SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    FYI. I was getting ready to post a topic of "what gives" I see all these woman who say they are a size 10/12 an they aren't fat. Me on the other hand. Ugh fat city. Then I realized that was the self abuse again... Oh well I still posted it just not as its own topic!!! Lol!
  • Pamelabradham
    Options
    Yeah I was looking thru some of the pictures of Members the other day and thought WTF.. some of these woman need to lose NOTHING.. Me on the other hand is UGH !!! I think some of them are here just for people to tell them "Ohh your beautiful you don't need to lose weight." SMH There should be a sign on the door that says "Fatties Only !!" LOL I know I'd feel better looking at overweight peeps !
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I think gals we honestly are never happy with how we look, I am a 10/12 right now yet this morning I was working out and all I could see was my belly jiggling about and my wobbly thighs euuuw!! NEVER HAPPY!! ok so I look good with my CLOTHES ON!! but is it too much to want to see less bits jiggling? I know, I know, I'm getting on a bit so I shouldn't care, I'm past my best blah blah...but inside I still feel 21! LOL

oh well, that ended up being a bit of a rant and not really what you were meaning when you started your 'no more abuse' discussion!

maybe if we keep repeating it like a mantra it might sink in :)
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think there are just as many people on this site who are on the smaller size as there are on the larger size. Just because you might look small doesn't mean you can't have fitness goals and parts of yourself you want to improve. Body hatred and self consciousness are not just limited to those who are overtly overweight.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think self consciousness has no size restrictions... my size may be somebody's dream size and yet I think that I am nasty fat... It is all about perspective and it is all about our individual journey in being comfortable in our own skin... No matter what the size that is for us... A "skinny person" may want to be more muscular, and obese person may just want to be overweight, etc... It is about each person's own goals... At least that's how I see it... :happy:
  • teamjojo1971
    teamjojo1971 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with RuthC69 that we are never really truly happy with ourselves no matter where we are in our weight. We women are always our worst critics. When something is right we need it to be better. :huh: