Having trouble eating enough

Options
HI, I EBF my 9 month old son. I am finding I'm having trouble eating enough food in a day, I eat about 1200-1300 some days(give or take a couple hundred) and just don't know where to fit more food in! I eat small snacks every 2-3 hours and 3 meals, I exersice maybe 2-3 times a week for about 40 min and I try to eat back the calories on those days. I'm losing weight very slowly and I think it's because maybe my body thinks it's starving. So if anyone has any meal and snack ideas I could try that would be great! I'm on a budget too, mat leave and 4 kids...:P I eat a lot of clean foods, meat, fish, and very little bread. I just don't know where I'm going wrong losing the same 5 lbs over and over. I can increase my exercise but I'm worried about not eating enough.

Replies

• Annahasababy
    Annahasababy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Beans and rice is healthy cheap and high in calories and protein, low in fat.
    Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese are good snacks too.

Maybe try making a rich smoothie on the days you exercise, tossing in nuts which are dense.
  • Crys483
    Crys483 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks! I eat almost all of that, but good idea to add some nuts to my smoothies!! I also can't really have dairy as my son is sensitive, but I try to fit a cheese string in here and there because I love cheese lol :)
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i am having this same problem. I am forcing myself to eat snacks.. I am just addicted to exercise right now. my milk supply has gone down drastically but i am still extended nursing, i tried upping my calories but with exercise, i can't meet the goal. i really wanted to lose 5-15 more lbs but this little boy is so not ready to stop nursing.. i just don't know what to do.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue too. I now eat nut butters (cashew and almond butters) as snacks and I also snack on protein (chicken breasts) or avocados.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! I absolutely do not have this issue. I could easily eat 3000 calories a day, but have been "watching it" at around 2000 net. Feel free to look at my diary for ideas. I may not be an expert on losing the weight, but I seem to be quite good at eating enough! :-)