Tuesday 8/12

Options
Em2je05
Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
Good Morning Die Hards! What are you going to do to go the extra mile today? Make today FABULOUS! :)

Replies

• Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    August 13th Commitment:
    -Drink 10 glasses of water
    -Stay within my 1,000 calorie deficit
    -12,000 Steps
    -Walk for 15 minutes at lunch time
    -30 Minute Circuit at Gym
    -15 minutes on eliptical
    -150 squats at lunch
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to walk at least 4 miles.
    Stay on plan with meals.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll do 30 minutes of strength training and run 3 miles this evening. I'll also continue doing the cleanse I started yesterday, which went pretty well on my first day.

Have a great day!!
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The only commitment I can make today is to stick with my pre-logged meals. If I get in any activity that is not chores, it will just be lagniappe. Oh, one more commitment, if my boyfriend doesn't polish off the remaining cake and treats from the birthday and baby shower this weekend, I'm sending anything left to work with him tomorrow to get it out of the house!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Diehards!

What is lagniappe?

I think my Zumba class is getting cancelled. Too many people can't make it. So I need to come up with alternate cardio tonight. It's supposed to be nice so I could head out for a walk, or I can go to the gym. See what moves me when the time comes.

Other goals: drink my water & make good food choices. Heading to the Farmer's Market soon so hopefully will get some good veggies.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a simple goal for today. Drink all my water, stay under budget, and walk on my lunch. Baby steps!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Leg workout and then 30 minutes cardio on treadmill this morning after the kids got off to school (first day back to school). The gym is nice and quiet at 7:30am. I like it! No annoying "meatheads" in the free weights section.

Now to stay within calories and drink 8 cups of water (I'm halfway through).

Hope you are all having a great day!
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What is lagniappe?

Sorry, I forget we have our own language in New Orleans! lol Lagniappe (lan-yap) means "a little something extra." It's used a lot by businesses that throw in something free for you. :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What is lagniappe?

Sorry, I forget we have our own language in New Orleans! lol Lagniappe (lan-yap) means "a little something extra." It's used a lot by businesses that throw in something free for you. :)

Thanks for the explanation! Sounds like a handy phrase to have a word for.