208?! How in hell did I do that?

Options
FatOldBat
FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
The answer is I ate & drank whatever I pleased and exercised barely at all. I weighed myself today for the first time in years and am still reeling from coming out of denial. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My tips? Take your time, start with small changes, read and search the forums when you have questions. I made a decision that I have to adopt what I've been doing for the last 18 months as a lifestyle and have lost 44 lb with quite a few ups and downs. So my biggest tip is to do whatever you can keep doing long term. Cheers
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and you're so right about small changes. It's helpful to record record my daily caloric intake (after all of two days) and resisting the temptation to weigh myself hourly. Have a great day.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You'll get a variety of opinions about how often to weigh in. After the initial whoosh of pounds gone, you'll find what works for you. Most of the time I weigh myself every morning. I don't obsess about the number every day, but from long experience I know that if I avoid the scales, I'm avoiding the truth about what I've been doing. Some people weigh in once a week and others find it drives them crazy and only weigh in at the gym or doctor's office.
    I'm very happy with my progress here on MFP,and feel it's something I can keep doing. Good luck to you! If you are interested in building a friends' list send a request or look for others with like goals on the threads and send requests (most people like a little note to say why).
  • Mayday1705
    Options
    I can so relate to the denial and the shock at discovering just how much I weighed! I've always told my DH to please let me know, if I don't see it, that I'm on the road to being as heavy as my mom was as I didn't think I'd be able to come back from being so overweight! I hadn't gotten onto a scale in a good eight years when I found out I weighed more than she did after I gave up smoking 2½ years ago and used that as the excuse for the weight I steadily piled on! I tried to talk myself into my new body with words like, if this is the size I'm going to be, living the life I enjoy, well then so be it!
    I realised I wouldn't be here to enjoy the rest of my life, if I didn't do something about my weight...and so I started the climb!
    I piled all the reasons why and how into a mental box and tossed it! I can't change the past, but I know that I can do a whole lot about my now. I'm not going to fix it overnight, but every day I pop onto the scale (for me this works) and with the encouragement and support from my family and friends here on MFP, I know I've got this!
    This isn't a diet for me, it's a lifestyle change! I've found asking questions here and reading posts from other MFP members with a similar profile to mine has also helped a lot. I've just joined a group that swops recipes...I need that right now for some ideas for different foods, so that I don't get bored!
    Good luck in your journey and take it one step at a time...give me a shout if you need a push at any time, I can do that!