Paddling

Options
We are going canoeing this weekend by Sechelt! Will post review upon return!

Replies

• toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sechelt Inlet Paddle.

Friday we paddled about 50 minutes from the park near the end of Sechelt Inlet Rd. to Nine Mile Camp. It was beautiful and we saw whales jumping, fish, seals. The campground has lots of spots to camp as well as an outhouse and a creek for water. There were also hiking trails that we didn't explore this time. We paddled further north the second day but wow do the winds come up fast there. It was smooth when we left and the return to the campsite not even an hour later was one of the most intense paddles I have ever done! Coming back the last day was also quite rough as the winds came up in the morning and didn't die down until we were already off the water for quite a while. All in all a good paddle, would be less stressful in kayaks with the waves, but is doable in a canoe and short enough to be worth the risk of bad weather. The sunsets were gorgeous!

(There is a place to rent kayaks/canoes on Sechelt Inlet Rd. its called Peddles and Paddles)
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    We spent some time up in Sechelt and along the Sunshine Coast last summer. We didn't do any canoeing but I'd like to go back and try kayaking up there. Saw a bunch while we were hiking along the water... looked so serene and the water & scenery was so beautiful! I think they launch quite a few kayaks out of Half Moon Bay, if I remember correctly:)
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It sounds amazing, I've never been up that way but really want to check it out.