Bulimia relapse and triggers.

Options
Hi, I am currently struggling..going on a diet, seems failry easy for a few days( like 4) , i know that if i dont have cheat meals. will binge so bad i might fall back into old habita.. but recently my cheat meal has triggered me to eat everything in sight.. and well you know what happens next.. how do i stop this from happening? help anyone

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Don't set your calorie intake so low that you feel like you have to have 'cheat' or binge meals. I'm also recovering from bulimia. I eat 1800-2000 calories everyday, and I eat healthy, but also what I want (dark chocolate, ice cream, etc.). I don't feel the need to have a full-blown cheat meal anymore. I also haven't purged, abuse laxatives, or restricted calories in 22 days. I had ONE binge, and it was 270 calories! 270! Is that even a binge?

Go to scooby's calculator (google it) and eat between your BMR and TDEE.
  • PerfectlyNormal
    PerfectlyNormal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello ...

From what I have learned from going to my clinic (im a recovering Bulimic)

is that Diets DO NOT WORK. simply because it gives you the mindset that you are depriving yourself. I don't know about you but it took me a very long time to accept this and now that I have, I am free from 'dieting' for the rest of my life!

My dietician has been extremely helpful in giving me knowledge about healthy foods that nourish my body. Have you tried a dietician? Please note - a dietician does not mean you are going on a diet! They are there to inform you of quality eating.