Bike Bloggers - Pimp Your Blogs

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
I've noticed one or two of the people on my Friends List are involved in blogging their exploits. So, as a sort of one-stop-shop I thought "Start a thread a bit like the "'show us yer bikes" thread - but for blogs..."

Ideally, it would be bike related stuff, but general waffle and musings are cool too - because we're all pretty keen riders, bikes WILL keep cropping up whatever.

So - here we go...

Post a link to your blog below - and, as a "shop window" for the blog, post a link to your favourite bit of writing on there....

Suppose I aught to put my neck on the line first off. I'll admit, it's not been used particularly heavily over the last year or so, but I'm hoping that this exercise will also prompt me to a) start up again and b) go back through my training diary and fill in some of the gaps.

anyway - this is me...

http://theshrinkingcyclist.wordpress.com/

and, as a taster of the kind of inane waffle I come up with on there....

http://theshrinkingcyclist.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/a-sunday-in-hell/

okay - that's my soul laid bare - over to you...

Replies

• Snowoutspokin
    Options
    Mine is snowridesbikes.blogspot.com all kinds of bike related shenaniganss on there.. everything from rides to the project bikes and general musings on cycling..
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Excellent another post to eagerly keep track of. Once again... Mr BTY, you leave me thinking... Why didn't I think of that??

You can access my blog at the link below

http://carlbirch72.blogspot.co.uk/

And my favourite topic so far is fairly self-explanatory if you look at the link.

http://carlbirch72.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/my-first-century.html

Happy reading.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Nice one Carl - I had a read of your blog this morning, in fact that's pretty much what prompted this thread...

Love your piece on the first century ride... certainly a bit more joyous occasion than my bit of introspective rambling. I did worry that what I'd used as a "shop window" might give the wrong impression of the blog - but at the end of the day, it's also probably the most "from the heart" piece of writing i've ever done. And - while it's not really about cycling, it's an indication of just how much the threads of cycling, bike racing and caring for my dad were so totally interwoven, that even while he was lying in the hospital bed on the first night, before the operation, I spent the 2 hours of visiting time reading Laurent Fignon's autobiography to him... (as some of you may be aware, he was "functionally blind" and I would regularly spend a hour or two a day reading something or other to him - sometimes about bike racing, sometimes about horse racing, but always something non-fiction - he always wanted to learn something from any book he "read")

Oh - and the reason why I come up with these ideas is simple... I don't have family or a day-job to distract me, so I just get there a bit quicker than some people...
  • katozdad
    Options
    Nice one Carl - I had a read of your blog this morning, in fact that's pretty much what prompted this thread...

Love your piece on the first century ride... certainly a bit more joyous occasion than my bit of introspective rambling. I did worry that what I'd used as a "shop window" might give the wrong impression of the blog - but at the end of the day, it's also probably the most "from the heart" piece of writing i've ever done. And - while it's not really about cycling, it's an indication of just how much the threads of cycling, bike racing and caring for my dad were so totally interwoven, that even while he was lying in the hospital bed on the first night, before the operation, I spent the 2 hours of visiting time reading Laurent Fignon's autobiography to him... (as some of you may be aware, he was "functionally blind" and I would regularly spend a hour or two a day reading something or other to him - sometimes about bike racing, sometimes about horse racing, but always something non-fiction - he always wanted to learn something from any book he "read")

Oh - and the reason why I come up with these ideas is simple... I don't have family or a day-job to distract me, so I just get there a bit quicker than some people...

I'm not stalking you or anything, but reading back through your blog, I have just realised how much I recognise going back quite some time. I have read most of your blogs over this past year and consider them honest, engaging and straight from the heart.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    There's a reason you recognise 'em Carl - I tend to post quite a few of them in threads on here - The blogs option of this site is a bit "meh" to be honest, so I keep my own instead, and if there's something a little above the routine ride stuff, I'll drop it in a thread of its own on here...
  • Snowoutspokin
    Options
    Excellent another post to eagerly keep track of. Once again... Mr BTY, you leave me thinking... Why didn't I think of that??

You can access my blog at the link below

http://carlbirch72.blogspot.co.uk/

And my favourite topic so far is fairly self-explanatory if you look at the link.

http://carlbirch72.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/my-first-century.html

Happy reading.

Carl, I circled you on G+ and am following your blog. love it!
    Mark, I enjoy the way you write! bookmarked!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Nobody else blogging away ?
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have one but it is pseudonomous and focused mainly around being a nurse with the occasional deviation into cycling/politics/beer/politics/navel gazing. Doing one focused on cycling and life is on the list but after spending all day in front of a computer it's hard to want to sit in front of the screen when I get home. Soon...maybe.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My site is www.composite-projects.co.uk

I blog about different stuff but these days its almost all mountain bike related. Might be bike packing, getting ready to get into racing, ride reports, kit reviews, mtb films I make or the home cooked trail food series I have been writing.
  • katozdad
    Options
    My site is www.composite-projects.co.uk

I blog about different stuff but these days its almost all mountain bike related. Might be bike packing, getting ready to get into racing, ride reports, kit reviews, mtb films I make or the home cooked trail food series I have been writing.

Liked reading the blogs on Prevention and Cure, which I may experiment with myself. The first 100miler was really interesting. I did a 100 miler recently, but would not dream of doing it on my MTB. Hat off to you mate for the achievement.
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mine is www.riotonracing.com

Very much tongue-in-cheek, somewhat juvenile, attempts to be humorous, about me and my friends exploits to be better riders and racers.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Better late than never:
    http://tomridesabike.wordpress.com

There's not much there, yet. Planning on documenting my winter commutes this year. Should be fun.