Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• VioletNightshade
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cora and I'd like to lose 20 pounds by Halloween!

I probably won't dress up this year since even if I get to my goal, I'll be 198 pounds, but I would love to be at my goal of 130 by Halloween 2014, and if I'm there, I'll dress up for certain.
  • getmefit77
    Options
    Hi. I'm Tee.

I plan to lose 20 lbs by Oct 31st. I have seriously fallen off over the last 7 years or so (gaining roughly 80 POUNDS) and I'm just dying to get back on tract and better than I used to be. I've tried the fad diets, yoyo diets, the "cleanse", deprivation, etc. You name it, I've tried it. I am not at the stage in my life where I am changing my lifestyle!! Eating clean and training DIRTY!! Let's get it!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone- My name is Jen.
    Halloween is my families FAVORITE holiday. My husband goes all out decorating. My plan is to lose 32 lbs. High? Yes. Can I do it? YES !
    My plan is to be a sexy Mary Poppins. Good luck to everyone !
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cora and I'd like to lose 20 pounds by Halloween!

I probably won't dress up this year since even if I get to my goal, I'll be 198 pounds, but I would love to be at my goal of 130 by Halloween 2014, and if I'm there, I'll dress up for certain.

Hey Cora, I know you don't want to dress up but why not?
    You deserve to have fun! Don't let weight keep you from having fun.
    There are lots of plus size costume sites. If you want you can message me and I'll send you links.
    I am plus and I am going to dress up! *not trying to lecture you just trying to encourage you! Hugs and smiles!!
  • EmmaJade706
    EmmaJade706 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hello every one my name is Jade. i want to lose at least 15lbs by halloween. if i lose more then that i would be awesome. lets start this journey .

Jade
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jennifer and this is at least the 10th time I've started to lose weight. I'm hoping being encouraged and being held accountable will help me stick with it this time around! I'd like to lose 15 pounds by Halloween.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: HI everyone! My name is Rose - today is my first time logging in in a year! We have a Halloween party every year and just last night I told my husband I'm just not into it this year. Maybe this will help push me along! I'm going to set my goal at 15 pounds which seems impossible but I'm willing to try :
  • WickedStitch
    WickedStitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all, my name is Regina/WickedStitch. Halloween is my fave, autumn is my season! My goal is to lose 20# by Halloween. While I've done relatively well this summer, I could have done better. We don't usually go anywhere, so no big plans but we always decorate and dress up....Wicked Stitch of course is always a Witch! :)
  • tracimcp
    tracimcp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Traci. I just started tracking on this site and I want to lose 15 pounds by Halloween.
  • latinafromunc
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was looking for a good motivation to get back on track and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I really like this idea! I recently gained back a few pounds and needed that nudge to get back to tracking. I'm excited to start this challenge tomorrow and wish everyone a happy journey!
  • bch97223
    Options
    Hi team - my name is Bonnie, and I have never participated in something like this before. Since I have trouble staying focused and disciplined, I am hoping this "competition" will help. My goal is to lose 20 pounds, putting me at 171, by Halloween. Yes, that's greater than one pound a week, but I don't think it's unhealthy or unreasonable. How great if we all "won" by hitting our goals!
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Kara. I first started tracking with MFP in February and lost 30 pounds in the first 3 months. After that I plateaued for 2 months but recently made some changes to my diet and fitness routine and I think I've begun losing again. I would really like to lose another 20 pounds by Halloween and get down in the 130s...I just hope that is a realistic goal.
  • toni74marie
    Options
    48656963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hi Everyone, my name is Toni and I just started my weight loss journey. I think a realistic goal for me would be 10 pounds by All Hallows Eve.
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi I am laura 36 a SAHM > I am going to say 10 lbs if I lose more great. Any amount of weight lose would be great. That why I can be 10 lbs lighter before I take my kids out.
  • kathygrimes1988
    kathygrimes1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Kathy and I will go with 10 as well- Just signed up ! My friend just lost 25 and I am so excited for her-Hope I can do the same !
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Sophia and I've been on MFP since January 2012. I was losing regularly for the first year then hit a lull this year and it's been up and down since. I stopped tracking for the past month and promptly gained almost 10 lbs so it's time to get back on track. I'm hoping to at least get back to the weight I was by the end of this challenge so I can fit comfortably into my clothes again. That means losing 10 lbs by Halloween!

Good luck to everyone, looking forward to "losing" with all of you. :)
  • lguest17
    lguest17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have always struggled to get under 200 lbs. I like short goals because then I don't get frustrated with the slowness of long term goals. I figure if I go from short goal right into the next short term goal, then my long term goals will be reached before I know it! I want to lose 20 lbs by halloween...don't have a particular costume in mind, I just want to feel good in anything that I wear. I have got to get motivated and I've always heard that groups are the best way to do so. Here's to 20 lbs lighter by Halloween!!! Good luck everyone!
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Marcy. I would like to lose 20 pounds:-)
  • JenFrogLover
    JenFrogLover Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

My name is Jen, I'm 29 and I'm from NOVA. I just started TODAY and can't wait to start losing!!

I want to lose 18lbs by Halloween :)

:flowerforyou:
  • telepathe
    Options
    Hello!!

I just joined MFP after lurking around for quite some time... Well, I lost some nice pounds back last year but then - I don't know why - I stopped following my diet, went back to all the old habits, tried to recover the route but failed disastrously, went through a very emotionally stressful period (a doomed relationship, a bad breakup, lost some friends) and well, here I am, after regaining it all back! Bummer.

But well, I'm back on this, more determined than ever wink I'm back on low carb (the only way I can lose weight since I'm hyperinsulinaemic/insulin resistant), aiming for ketosis, just started Couch to 5k program, will crosstrain on my bike, etc. I've got a good battle plan.

I love Halloween and well, I hope this year's costume will be the most memorable yet bigsmile

20 yrs old
    5'3''/4''
    CW: 130 lbs
    GW by Halloween: anything between 115 and 120!