Cinnamon Pills

Options
aggieamber05
aggieamber05 Posts: 15 Member
Forgive me, as I am sure this has been brought up before and possibly beaten to death.

BUTTTT...anyone here have any luck with Cinnamon Pills regulating blood sugar/insulin levels to lose the weight? I am eating right, carbs about 80-100 a day, low on the sugar...working out, etc etc...but not budging. Figured I'd give it a shot, but curious if it really does help?

Replies

• nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the person, and their body. I just started taking cinnamon supplements from vitacosta and if anything, noticed that I do not crash as quickly after a meal.
  • myndikins
    Options
    I recently started a prescription to help regulate sugar/insulin levels, and was supposed to take it twice a day with my meals. I did that for a few months, then started having cinnamon in my morning smoothie. Less than a month after adding the cinnamon, I was able to discontinue the meds and just use cinnamon instead. I'm not taking pills, just adding it to taste, so I'm not sure how that would affect the "dose," but I've had great results with it! I also use organic powder (some specific type too, but I don't remember what) and I dunno if that would compare with cinnamon pills or not. I have weird allergic reactions to most cinnamon, but I've found that I can tolerate the organic, pure (read: expensive) stuff without reactions.
  • xcga33i
    xcga33i Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There is a very wide range of cinnamon that we use as a spice. Most of it is not real cinnamon but the bark of another tree that taste like it but is a little different colored and much cheaper. That could be the reason for the difference in your bodies reaction to is. I use the cheap stuff in crafts but like the real stuff for baking but I have to order it online...the gracery store doesn't carry it.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Cinnamon can help with insulin sensitivity. This is the best info I've ever found to describe it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/health-benefits-cinnamon/#axzz2c3qiliMn