Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Long distance walking

Hello to all, I have just joined this group and am wondering how active it still is.
I have been participating in the Trailblzer for the past couple of years and am really keen to take it up to the next level and enter the 100km this October.
Unfortunately non of my friends are even vaguely interested in this (they all think I am crazy) so I am trying to find possible walking buddies. It is bush walking so some sense of direction is good, especially as I am rather geographically challenged.
Love to hear from anyone

Replies

• Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Still looking for walkers ????
    Or if you aren't keen on the 100km perhaps you might like to get a group together to walk the 18, 34 or 50km.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    I would love to do the 100km trail blazer but I have a bad knee on one leg and a bad ankle on the other that will make it hard.

Maybe after some serious re-hab I could consider it if you still need a team.
  • Bubbl3s25
    ????
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    100km! O.M.G!
  • Bubbl3s25
    Come on Nicole, you can do it
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    my mum is 49 and does bushwalking (she did the trek to everest base camp last year). I should see if she wants a walking buddy :)
  • Lachiesmum
    Lachiesmum Posts: 13 Member
    More info? :D
  • Likoca
    Likoca Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, yes Iam one those insane long distance walkers, love it, unfortunately not many people I know like it :-)

Love to know what you are up too or are trying to organise
  • Bubbl3s25
    Sorry to those who replied to this thread. It was lost among my topics and I have only just seen it. I have found a walking partner for this year but will tell you a little bit about what I am doing in case anyone else is interested.
    Trailblazer Challenge 2013 is a bush walk through the Adelaide Hills. Kicking off at Pinky Flat in the city it winds its way along Linear Park to Athelstone. This is the end of the 18km leg. You then enter Black Hill conservation Park and make your way to Morialta, thus ending the 34km leg. From Morialta to Mt Lofty is the end of the 50km leg, this is the one I am doing. The remaining 50km will see you finishing at Kaipo Forest, being a total of 100km.
    I really hope to do the 100km soon but have yet to find someone willing to do the distance.
    Feel free to inbox me if you have any questions.
    Oh, the walk is on the 12th and 13th of October

Sam :flowerforyou: