Daily defict too high on CTL?

Options
acahane
acahane Posts: 34 Member
All,

I have noticed that with CTL you dont eat your exercise calories back. The issue with this is I end up with too little calories for my body each day.

e.g. I need 2140 to maintain my weight so on a HC Day I eat 1640 (2140 - 500). Now I go and exercise for 30 mins and burn 300 calories. I am now down to 1340. As a male that too low. It;s worse on a LC day.

On a LC day I eat around 1340 per day. Then add in the 300 calorie of exercise and I drop to 1040 with is below the 1200 starvation threshold.

So because of this I am going to start eating my exercise calories back. Hopefully this will avoid my body holding onto the fat and avoid starvation mode.

Replies

• tajasi
    tajasi Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree. I weigh more and my BMR cals are way higher than 1500.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You don't eat your exercise calories with CTL because you have a "free day" once a week, or a "free meal" twice a week. Chris seems to work on the theory of calories over an average week.

If you want to eat more calories, check out my blog, and view what I had to say about doing so: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/my-november-experiment-441833

There are several posts that you'd need to read, and the above link is the first of them. In a nutshell, eating more calories is fine... but the weight loss might slow down for you. It did for me. A lot. But, I was able to accomplish the fitness goals I had much more easily, so it depends on what you want to do. :)
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Babeinthemoon that intreseting I had not considered looking at it from the weekly view. Thanks for the link.