What do you have in store for the weekend?? Something fun???

Options
Hey everyone !!! We made it past hump day !!!! I do hope everyone has a great weekend.

Any exciting plans???

If weather permits I plan on digging up all the old plants in our garden and get it ready for a fall garden. That's one thing I hate about Texas.. everything dies. The weather here has been unseasonably cool which is weird, I've been sitting out on the porch a lot reading.. I KNOW what Y'all are thinking... Get your *kitten* out and go for a walk !!! ( Still to hot LOL )

Oh BTW does anyone know of any good recipes for your grill???

Pam :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Pamela - Gardening sounds like a great plan - I am right there with ya! Are you just prepping beds this weekend, or can you go ahead and put any plants in the ground? Did everything die because it was cool this year?

My garden is hit and miss, I am a total amateur. I end up with lots of dead things, but if I throw enough resources at it I usually get some good crops in the end. I was harvesting tomatoes and basil this morning and realized that my entire onion bed was a bust and needs to be dug up. I have some room to work with now and need to look into fall veggies to get going.

Not alot going on this weekend. Having my folks over for dinner Sunday is about all that is planned. I am not big on grilling, but I bet there are some great recipes on the net. I went to a friends house last weekend and they had marinated chicken in margarita mix and Italian dressing, then grilled it. It was fantastic! Just a thought.

Enjoy your weekend! Romey
  • Pamelabradham
    Options
    Hello !! Thanks for the reply Romy. No everything died because of the Texas heat. It is brutal.
    I will begin prepping the soil for the fall planting. I have to do some research to find out when the best time to plant all the stuff is. We have had a abundance of Cherry tomatoes so I have been cooking and snacking on those.

I hope you also have a great weekend :)
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow if only I planned on working outside. My weekend plans pretty much consist of me trying to figure out if I can not leave the house????????????????!!!!