We are more then a pretty face, what do you do?

Options
Just curious about maybe getting to know some of you better. I like to get close to people I chat with on a daily basis. So what do you do? Stay at home super mom? Amazingly patient teacher? Nine to five pencil pusher?

Any hobbies? What else do you do beside let Jillian stress you out?

Me.. I'm a mostly happily (he has his days) married mother of two. Two girls, 8 and 6, and I was born in raised in California but due to some marital issues I left everything behind and moved to Texas in order to save my family from falling apart. A new start, and the best idea ever! I love it here and work at a great company where I'm an internet tech and just recently got a raise -woot, woot! I really enjoy playing an online game, world of warcraft -for the horde- if any of you know about it ;) I also love to write and am currently revising my first novel, a fantasy romance.

And of course I want to be fit, healthy and toned :)

Replies

• LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i am a single mom to three kids. twin boys (15) and a girl (9). i raised the boys on my own until they were 4 and my now ex walked out 2.5 yrs ago. i was a SAHM once my daughter came along, did early intervention with little kids with autism before that. once i was on my own again i worked two jobs to make ends meet. couldnt make it work at minimum wage, and went back to school. i got my educational assistant diploma with top marks and was hired by the school division of my choice immediately :)

im an Educational Assistant with the school division. im a level d which means i work with the most severely impaired children and those with severe emotional and behavioural disorders. last year i was on a term position in a small classroom of 8 students, 2 EA's and one special ed teacher for kids kindergarten and grade 1 with severe behaviour problems. i love my job. i find the days go quickly, no two days are alike, its challenging and rewarding, and the kids are so special. I really hope i can get on another term there next year. still waiting to hear!

i want to have a healthy strong body and lose the baby belly once and for all. i also want to continue learning about fitness and diet in order to continue to try to set a good example for my daughter. she is a beautiful girl but never has been thin and never will be. she has lovely curves already but has the body type and metabolism to easily put weight on. i want to ensure she has healthy eating habits before her hormones kick it up a notch!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. I always tip my hats to single mothers, what warriors you guys are! You must be an incredibly loving and patient person also to do what you do jobwise. Thank you for sharing :)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    My names Kerry (Marie) Hallewell, I hate my middle name and want rid of it. I'm 23 yrs old, married 2 years in november. My daughter is 6 months old today and im off on Mat leave until feb next year (the joys of being a brit and im bored out of my brain)
    Otherwise, i work in retail selling beds, its an ok job for the mean time but they are pushing it a bit with the case of "no one goes looking in a bed shop just to browse", "dont let any customer walk" etc.
    I have just decided what i want to do overall which is to become a cake maker ie bday cakes, occasion cakes, wedding cakes. I love cake but i love pretty decorative and tasty frostings more so why not. HOWEVER, im going to have to wait a fair while before i can implement this plan and even if i do it will probably have to be a second job.

My overall dream - Married with child/children (cant decide yet if i want another EVENTUALLY) with my own home, large backgarden, a pet of some sort, and a LARGE kitchen with the cooker/hob in the middle facing the rest of the room so i can talk to people whilst baking my cakes instead of staring into a corner. To be a size 8/10 (i was still in secondary school probably 13 yrs old the last time i was that small) with a healthy diet and some form of regular exercise.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My name is Ryann, I am 25 years old, married (3 years on October 2), I have a 2 year old daughter named Kaylynn. I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. I moved to Las Vegas with my parents when I was 18, and that is when I met my now husband (then next door neighbor, so yes, I live 2 houses away from my mother) My dad passed away almost 2 years ago from what we can only assume was a massive heart attack. Its been a little rough these last two years, but I am very grateful that my dad got to see me get married (him and my husband got along very well) and that he got to meet my daughter (even though she was only 6 months old when he passed)

I currently work as a Medical Assistant for a busy Cardiologist, and have been there for 5 years. Seeing all of the patients that come thorough our door has helped me realize that I need to make myself better before I become one of his patients. My husband and I are planning on starting to try for our 2nd child in October and I wanted to lose some weight before getting pregnant. My philosophy is to lose weight and maybe weigh what I did before I started losing weight when I get pregnant, versus staying at 198 lbs and weigh more then than I ever have before. If I can lose the weight once, I can do it again.

My dream - To be a family of 4, to one day to move into a larger home, and last but not least, to in the best shape that I can be in and the best health that I can be.

Its nice to know more about you all!
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    27 years old and work full time doing payroll and HR for a construction company. I'm also a student working slowly but surely towards my degree in business management. I pay as I go so I can graduate without student debt. I have a boyfriend of 7 years who can eat whatever he wants without gaining an ounce and he had said that my cooking is making him lose weight. No kids and we want to keep it that way. I also do dogshows with my Aussies (pictured)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My name is Ellie, I am 32 yrs old, live in good ole Kansas. I am a mother to 2 biological children and step mom to 1 child. My daughter, Gwyneth, is 10, my son, Matthew, is 4 1/2 and step daughter, Julia, is 11 (just 10 months older than Gwyn). I also am mom to 2 fur children- pictured in my profile. I had my daughter on my own, married when she was 2 divorced when she was barely 5, filed for divorce when I was barely pg with Matthew and had him on my own as well. Several rough years from the pregnancy with my daughter til 3 years ago, which spanned almost 10 years. All of which contributed to my massive weight gain and addiction to food. Met my (mostly) wonderful hubby 3 years ago Labor Day weekend. We met online mid August and had our first date sept 3rd. Since we both had bad first marriages. We knew exactly what we were looking for. He proposed after only 6 weeks, and we were married New Year's Eve of the same year- coming up on 3 years.

I currently teach 1st grade, starting my 4th year. Prior to that I was a paraprofessional in an MR classroom and taught in that same room for 1 year. I became a middle school special Ed paraprofessional and spent 2 years as a para in a self contained autism classroom. I LOVE to read, it is my escape. I enjoy time with my kids and I still love date nights with hubby. We have a wide range of tv shows we follow (so unhealthy!) and we love movies. I also recently found a passion for running.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am happily married hubby is an interstate truck driver we got 2 boys almost 18 he thinks he knows everything and a boy who has just turned 10. I stay at home would love to work though and i gave up smoking 8 weeks ago well it will be 8 weeks on tuesday
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi! I am Lauren. I am 24 (25 in a few weeks!), engaged with a wedding in 2015, and a mental health therapist. No kids yet but our family has two cats and a dog. :)

My dream is to not be overweight ever again. To get married and have children by 2017. I want to go back to grad school for my master...either in social work or psychology.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    My name is Ellie, I am 32 yrs old, live in good ole Kansas. I am a mother to 2 biological children and step mom to 1 child. My daughter, Gwyneth, is 10, my son, Matthew, is 4 1/2 and step daughter, Julia, is 11 (just 10 months older than Gwyn). I also am mom to 2 fur children- pictured in my profile. I had my daughter on my own, married when she was 2 divorced when she was barely 5, filed for divorce when I was barely pg with Matthew and had him on my own as well. Several rough years from the pregnancy with my daughter til 3 years ago, which spanned almost 10 years. All of which contributed to my massive weight gain and addiction to food. Met my (mostly) wonderful hubby 3 years ago Labor Day weekend. We met online mid August and had our first date sept 3rd. Since we both had bad first marriages. We knew exactly what we were looking for. He proposed after only 6 weeks, and we were married New Year's Eve of the same year- coming up on 3 years.

I currently teach 1st grade, starting my 4th year. Prior to that I was a paraprofessional in an MR classroom and taught in that same room for 1 year. I became a middle school special Ed paraprofessional and spent 2 years as a para in a self contained autism classroom. I LOVE to read, it is my escape. I enjoy time with my kids and I still love date nights with hubby. We have a wide range of tv shows we follow (so unhealthy!) and we love movies. I also recently found a passion for running.

Oh I love to read too! I used to go through a book a week but slowed some as my kids got to the age where they want to play. I still read with them though. My oldest takes after me, she is 8 and halfway done with the first twilight book -which I don't care if people bash, I thought the lore was amazing and even the love story was interesting. The movies is what was ugh.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh I love to read too! I used to go through a book a week but slowed some as my kids got to the age where they want to play. I still read with them though. My oldest takes after me, she is 8 and halfway done with the first twilight book -which I don't care if people bash, I thought the lore was amazing and even the love story was interesting. The movies is what was ugh.
    [/quote]

when she's old enough definitely introduce her to the HOUSE OF NIGHT series by P.C and Kristen Cast. book 11 is out in 56 days :love: they are wonderful and they are even going to be made into films. or at least, the first one is apparently due in 2015, far too long to wait if you ask me.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options

[/quote]

when she's old enough definitely introduce her to the HOUSE OF NIGHT series by P.C and Kristen Cast. book 11 is out in 56 days :love: they are wonderful and they are even going to be made into films. or at least, the first one is apparently due in 2015, far too long to wait if you ask me.
    [/quote]

Okay I'll have to check those out. She reads like crazy all the time
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Have her read Vampire Diaries next!!!! My 10 yr old was reading 6th grade text in kindergarten, so she's up there with your daughter. I read the Vamp Diaries and now she is. They are AWESOME!!!

Side note: I think I read 30 books over the summer :-) hehehehe!!