Baby Gender

Options
Alexz210
Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
When did/will you find out what you are having?
A friend of mine just found out at 14 weeks!! My doctor doesn't have my US scheduled until week 20. However, a friend of mine is an ultrasound technician and has offered to sneak me in her lab for a peak at week 16! Exciting.

Are you going to find out your baby's gender? When?

Replies

• mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We'll find out at 19 weeks (our next ultrasound date). My husband tried to get the US technician to guess the gender at our 12 week ultrasound but she just kind of laughed at him and told us it was too early.

I thought I'd like to know but if baby doesn't want to show us then that's the way it is -- that won't fly with my husband though! He's crazy about knowing (he also asked at our very first ultrasound--8 weeks!). I think it's funny, but he's just so excited. I know he's hoping it's a boy, but of course would love a little girl too. Does anyone else have a preference?
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have a high deductible plan, and I am going to pay between 250-400 out of pocket for each ultrasound... so I'm planning to have one main scan around 20 weeks when I *know* we'll be able to see something. Both of my boys were extremely willing to show off their parts and I hope this baby will do the same LOL

Alex, is your friend having a boy? I can see how you might be able to tell with a boy at 14 weeks, but I would think identifying a girl would be more ambiguous.

My mom has started buying both girl and boy outfits for this baby, so there's no such thing as NOT finding out :P The poor woman is going to go broke if I don't step in and direct her spending.
    With my first, she said " remember how you didn't find out and I bought all those different boy and girl outfits?"
    "Mom, I found out at 18 weeks. You bought all those outfits days after I peed on the stick."
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I found out at 13 weeks because I did genetic testing (panrama blood test).....We are having another girl, yay!
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    We are going to keep it a surprise. Our families are super excited about that!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Hoping to find out next week - I'll be 17 weeks. Hubby is dying for a boy!
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have my anatomy scan on sept 6 at 18 weeks.... hopefully the baby will cooperate and we will find out what it is !!! I am still debating on having them put it in an envelope and doing a gender reveal or just letting them tell me there.... I am impatient with surprises so not sure what to do lol...
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband is also obsessed with a boy- we have two girls (from my first marriage) and he said from the beginning he wanted a running back or a quarterback lol.... everyone thinks we are going to have a boy because boys run in my husbands family.... I am ok with either but I have already starting thinking of this baby as a girl to not get mine and my husbands hopes up.... he is all the time whispering to my belly " grow a p*nis " lol poor kid... I am terrified of his reaction at a gender reveal if it the baby is not a boy lol....
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had the same go with the flow type train of thought as mrs_n0rris , if the baby doesn't want us to see then we weren't meant to know lol. This did not go down with hubby.

He was so excited to find out and luckily we got to see. We are delighted that our wee baby is a mini mummy, but would have been equally happy if she turned out to be a boy.

Just out of shear curiosity, I did a few prediction tests(just google them) before hand and got a 60% g/ 40% b ratio... majority ruled but if I were to believe any of them were correct, I'd say the most reliable was the nub theory (we had a 13 week scan to base that on).
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    We were told this week we are having a boy.. I was 17 weeks at the time. But I had a friend 4 yrs ago have an u/s and the tech told them twice it was a boy 17 and 20 something weeks, then at the end she had a girl!! I wonder sometimes! Maybe it was the quality of the machine? who knows. Her daughter is precious though!
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We are having girl! Had an US at 18w2d. We did a reveal cake. My mum was there and the lady told her and mum made the cake.

We really didn't care either way. We have two boys and a girl already. I always said "logistically" a girl will be "easier" to configure bedrooms in our three bedroom house lol. And that my math brain would be happy if it were all even and lined up nice lol.

Congrats to everyone!!
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We just had our 20 week u/s last Friday. We had the tech write the gender and put it in a sealed envelope. We'll be doing a gender reveal cake in two weeks when all our family is together. :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options

At the scan today bubs had his/her legs tightly closed. We'll have to wait another three weeks until our 20 weeks anatomy scan and try again!
  • claire_donegal84
    claire_donegal84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We're going to find out at my next scan 11th sept which'll be 16 weeks. Can't wait!!!
  • claire_donegal84
    Options
    haha I hadn't even thought of that as a possibility! hope we can tell at the 16 week scan... otherwise it'll be the 20 week scan mid Oct..
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just joined this group and I am happy I did :) We find out what we are having in 12 days (19 W & 1 D) and can't wait!!! Don't really care what we are having since this is our first bb after having a mc two years ago. Losing 101lbs was totally worth knowing I will meet our little bean in Jan of next year :)
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We had our scan on Saturday, and we are DEFINITELY having a boy! He really wanted us to know!

At the appt, I told her that we were 15 weeks and 4 days. She said we were measuring exactly 17 weeks. Is it possible that he's just a big baby, or do you think we were measured wrong in the beginning? (We haven't been measured since our first look at 6 weeks).
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group...Due with our first on 1-31-14! We are supposed to find out the gender on Thursday! Three days from now. I will be 18 weeks. Excited!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    We had our scan on Saturday, and we are DEFINITELY having a boy! He really wanted us to know!

At the appt, I told her that we were 15 weeks and 4 days. She said we were measuring exactly 17 weeks. Is it possible that he's just a big baby, or do you think we were measured wrong in the beginning? (We haven't been measured since our first look at 6 weeks).

Congrats on a little boy!

He could just be a big baby. A 6 week scan is way more accurate for dating purposes than one at 15 1/2 weeks. Whatever you do, do not let anyone talk you into changing your due date, or you will be getting a lot of annoying attention toward the end of your pregnancy :P
  • claire_donegal84
    Options
    I found out 3 days ago at 16 weeks 4 days I'm having a boy!!! Can't wait to meet him in February xx
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options

At the scan today bubs had his/her legs tightly closed. We'll have to wait another three weeks until our 20 weeks anatomy scan and try again!

It's a girl! Poor hubs. He's being very good about it and focussing on the benefits of having two girls. Baby is growing well and looks perfect and that's all that matters.