Motivating things that indicate you are losing weight.....

Options
I'll start.....

1. Noticing your face getting thinner.
2. Feeling taller than you actually are.
3. Noticing the hollows of your arm pits that weren't there before.
4. Realizing that you have to cinch in your belt one notch.
5. Wanting to get home to excercise.
6. Passing over cookies and such at the office without feeling guilty or deprived.
7. Noticing people noticing you.
8. Smiling.

Does anyone have more to add .......

Replies

• bearsfan67
    Options
    I can close a pair of jeans and be comfortable in them right after taking them out of the drier.....especially if they were really really tight before.......
  • Fancyface1972
    Fancyface1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, let's see now:

-Being referred to as skinny at 170lbs
    -Not having enough holes to tighten your belt (size large belt)
    -Constantly pulling up your tube top
    -and gross as it may seem.....being able to see you lap when you sit on the toilet

At least that's the reality I've experienced.
    Nice Post :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    1. Previously tight clothes fitting loose now.
    2. Having so much energy.
    3. Skyrocketing self-confidence.
    4. Seeing my collarbone after many a year's absence.
    5. Strangers being more friendly/flirting.
    6. Having friends/relatives who haven't seen you in awhile break out in compliments and wanting to know your "secret".
    7. Others being inspired to start their own healthy journey.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    * putting on my jeans without even unbuttoning them

* shirts,tube tops etc falling down

* having women who wouldn't talk to me then are in my face now

* more energy

* the one I love the most is loving the way I look... walking with a.different kind of step :wink:. ..
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    * people continuously telling you you look good, and asking what you are doing
    * the "smaller" clothes you bought in the beginning are now ill fitting
    * your "big hair" looks even bigger
    * you look at yourself more in the mirror, admiring now instead of being discouraged
    * noticing you look and feel younger
    * more fashion options seem available to you, and you have the courage to wear them
    * more stares from both sexes
    * feeling happier
    * feeling energetic
    * walking up stairs without almost passing out
    * feeling lighter when lying down
    * shorter shorts look cute now
    * wanting to wear more dresses, before they looked like moo-moos on you
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Walking down the stairs today, my shorts started to fall down my butt!

I've also gone from a size 4-5x to a 1x, which is a 18-20, I think.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Going underwear shopping for the first time since starting this journey (yes, I waited WAY too long), and using the measurement chart to pick a size... then getting home and pulling out the first pair and freaking out because they MUST be too small - LOOK how tiny they are, and then they actually fit! And fit well!!! (Gf says the look on my face was priceless... Lol!)

ETA: These were 5 sizes smaller than the ones I had already... thus the majorly visible size difference.
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    - Buying new smaller pants a little snug then a few weeks later they are getting loose.

- Hearing people ask "What's your secret?"

- purging things from the closet and drawers because they fit like a tent.

This one isn't so much about weight as about attitude:

- Realizing that I haven't ridden an elevator in almost five months and smiling about that. (There is an elevator in my office building and the parking garage. I make excuses to use the stairs now instead of the opposite.)
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wanting to be On Top! ;)
  • banilah
    banilah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    (I'm a beginner and my english is not perfect - sorry )

- you see in the mirror your face is getting thinner: that's really good !
    - you can feel the jawbones when you touch it (for my part this is how I see I am i a weigh loss)
    - the jeans you bought one size too tight a few weeks ago finally suits you well!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    When the dream jeans, the size you always wanted to get into and never thought you ever could, start to become too lose and you have to think about replacing them with something smaller. (God, does that one ever feel incredible).

Being able to go hog wild at Andrew Christian's website cause you look good in his stuff. Along with all the other underwear designers.

Knowing you aren't embarrassing yourself wearing a sleeveless compression shirt for a workout at the gym.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This is sort of an unintentional NSV for me:

Since joining this site and immersing myself in the community here (you guys rock btw!!) I have been diligent about sticking to my plan and not eating much added sugars. Now when I do eat stuff like my Friday morning pancake and guava pastry? I get nauseous for the next 3 hours from sugar overload. If I ate the same amount in fruits, my body doesn't have that reaction. I don't have cravings for cookies and cake and all that other otherwise yummy but bad stuff anymore. And now after getting to know my body better with its relation to food; I can tell when I'm hungry vs thirsty. Super weird, I haven't talked about this much with people that aren't on MFP because I don't feel like they can relate!
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    - Looking at my body in the mirror every day and feeling proud of the transformation I see
    - Wearing clothes that haven't fit me well in 5 years
    - Strangers noticing me more often; smiles, flirting
    - Co-workers commenting on how I look
    - Being able to do things with ease I once found difficult: walking up 4 flights of stairs, jogging
    - Massive increase in self-conficence