Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SOS Shout out Sundays 8/18/13

garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay today is your chance to talk about your challenges with this journey...what obstacles you face or have overcome and want to share. Hey, mention some challenges you are making for yourself...any marathons, new classes, new foods, cooking classes or making new decisions about lifestyle changes???

Start now....

Peace,
WW

Replies

• Boxykins
    Boxykins Posts: 7 Member
    For me my biggest challenge right now is to really be honest about the amount I eat. Also to get back in my routine of going to the gym at least 4 times a week. I think extra challenges could definitely help keep my head in the game!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Today started helping my husband reduce his sugar in take
    He asked so we are investigating less sugar options for some of his daily favorites..he averages 40-100 grams of sugar a day. Hope get that down...
    For me i am working on run program, have never been a runner but i am trying couch to 5k
    Zumba class starts for me in a few weeks, another new activity
    Always trying to be positive & realistic throughout this journey, justifications stall moving forward and negativity breeds failure.
    Stay true...
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Over 50lbs lost as of this week.

I would prefer they remain lost then get put on a missing persons list. :drinker:

I shall not miss them.
  • garlic7girl
    I was encouraged...I ran almost four miles! I need to be consistent though...that is my challenge! Consistency! I have to run consistently to keep up the mileage...I so struggle with running.

School starts this week and the craziness of traffic...a challenge I have is to get enough sleep! I challenge you all to get enough too! I must get up so I can beat all the buses...you may say how this a challenge? Well, sleep determines how well you function during the day and how well you workout and even your eating! SLEEP!
  • garlic7girl
    Over 50lbs lost as of this week.

I would prefer they remain lost then get put on a missing persons list. :drinker:

I shall not miss them.

YOU will have faith...take all you have learned and keep moving forward!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    My biggest challenge today was saying no to my mom who is a feeder.
    I said no to chocolate eclair, cheesey biscuits, cream, pudding, potatoes, ice cream, beer, cereal and milk.
    She doesn't get the whole "I've changed the way I eat forever because I am at risk of stroke, heart attack, cancer, type 2 diabetes, chronic bowel disease and had a spastic colon, IBS and terrible joint pain."
    Years of eating rubbish, eating emotionally and trying to feel good through food put me in a really bad place.
    I only see my folks about four times a year. I love them dearly but find the visit very difficult and stressful.
    Instead of binging because of this like I used to.
    I went for a long walk instead. Feel much better :-)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Completed the Flavor Run 5K (walked because my friend can't run), we had a great time, but we learned that sometimes the color doesn't always come off like it should, we're still looking like we're part smurf! But I'd do it again.

Tuesday I find out if there is something going on that is the reason why I'm having such trouble losing weight when I'm watching what I'm eating and exercising as much as I do or if I'm going to be the fittest fat person ever. Either way, I'm not going to stop working out and eating right (okay I might have a little poor me meal, if everything is okay and I have to accept that this is the way it's going to be, but I have dance class after my appointment so the poor me meal isn't going to last long)
  • katherine611
    katherine611 Posts: 175 Member
    My biggest challenge today was saying no to my mom who is a feeder.
    I said no to chocolate eclair, cheesey biscuits, cream, pudding, potatoes, ice cream, beer, cereal and milk.
    She doesn't get the whole "I've changed the way I eat forever because I am at risk of stroke, heart attack, cancer, type 2 diabetes, chronic bowel disease and had a spastic colon, IBS and terrible joint pain."
    Years of eating rubbish, eating emotionally and trying to feel good through food put me in a really bad place.
    I only see my folks about four times a year. I love them dearly but find the visit very difficult and stressful.
    Instead of binging because of this like I used to.
    I went for a long walk instead. Feel much better :-)

You are great
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    I have two challenges. My love for crappy food that's really bad for you, and the fact that I keep getting sick.

14877786.png