30 day shred, lv 3... day 1

Options
Ok so i start level 3 in ...... approximately 12 hours and i've just watched the dvd through and may i say all of you who said level 3 was easier YOU WERE LYING. I HATE YOU ALL:tongue:

It looks SOOOOOO HAAARD! I dont know if i can make it. Cant i just go back to level 1 *whines*

seriously stepping things up

1 cardio now includes weights
2 metaboic jumping (whatever that is)
3 EVEN MORE push up plank thingies
4 bigger and badder ab moves.

If i dont make it through level 3 in the morning im expecting you all at my funeral. will update later

Replies

• LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i didnt need to read this. lol good luck!!
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    LOL. I'm sure you'll be fine. I feel the same way about level 2 and everyone seems to have survived. :)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Level 2 will be started tomorrow, I'm counting working in the yard all day my workout!! Took out an entire garden and landscaping bricks, cut roots dug up stuff and moved dirt. I'm pooped! I'm sure level 2-3 are easier in comparison. Haha!!

I will make a trip over the pond if you do indeed die tomorrow :-) but I doubt you will. You will conquer it!!
  • pennystextiles
    pennystextiles Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I decided to start L3 as I'm off on hol soon and wanted a challenge in the next 9 days!! Plus I have 4 new bikinis to wear!!

I watched it through last night, thought it looked easier! Some moves are easier, others are most certainly not!! The sweat was pouring off me, so must have been doing something right!!

I have realised my weights are not suitable for all these moves however, as they are too big! I think I may have to just use the bar and not the weights on it! Plus developing a knee injury this week, did not help with all the random jumps!

Good luck, you will manage it no problem!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    Options
    I decided to start L3 as I'm off on hol soon and wanted a challenge in the next 9 days!! Plus I have 4 new bikinis to wear!!

I watched it through last night, thought it looked easier! Some moves are easier, others are most certainly not!! The sweat was pouring off me, so must have been doing something right!!

I have realised my weights are not suitable for all these moves however, as they are too big! I think I may have to just use the bar and not the weights on it! Plus developing a knee injury this week, did not help with all the random jumps!

Good luck, you will manage it no problem!

oooh, be careful with that knee!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    I know im a bit late on logging in but ive just been up the Wrekin, which i did manage to do AFTER lv3.

It was definitely a step up and some of the moves were definitely more difficult but it WASNT IMPOSSIBLE. :smile:
    I had to stop A HELL OF A LOT just to catch my breath and take a sip of my drink (my mouth gets terribly dry when working out):drinker:
    adding the weights in for the cardio did make it that bit harder but it was manageable. :noway:
    The plank moves still killed me, and the sumo squat OMGOSH. :sad: :cry:
    I still cant straighten my legs for those ab moves where you have to lift your legs in the air. :ohwell:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better but i am content for now that

1 - I DIDNT DIE :laugh:
    2 - 1 less day of lv3 left :bigsmile:

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just did my first day of level one and I am TOTALLY exerted. It felt like such an incredibly difficult workout. Hopefully I can get to the later levels in the future like you have. Good luck!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    day 1 of level 1 was murder for me, but i hadnt been doing any exercise and barely leaving the house in 5 months since i had my little girl. never was very active as asthma used to get in the way a lot (thankfully no longer asthmatic).

i picked it up so easy and only did 10 days of lv 1 and 10 of level 2, lv 3 started this morning, but what you need to remember and you will see a lot of on here is that people will progress at their own pace. move on only when you are ready, i never thought i could even make it this far but here i am and i will be up and raring to go in 11 hours time for day 2 of level 3.

at this point the only thing that is going to keep me down will be if i break my leg.
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for inspiring me! Wow. It sounds like you have built up a ton of resistance and endurance during your 30 day shred. Good for you!

Edit: I just saw that you're 23 (like me) and your daughter looks absolutely adorable! Congratulations on having a family of your own; that's beautiful. :-) You're in better shape than me and I'm not even close to giving birth!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    Options
    i thought i would die the first couple days too. hang in there, you can do it!
  • pennystextiles
    pennystextiles Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow I hurt today, especially my sides, that last abs move has a lot to answer for!!! A sign that its working however, now to plough on through day 2 L3!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sumo Squat? This sounds like the stuff of nightmares!! Oh lord!
    Level 2 starts today and thanks to you all I am thoroughly terrified!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm here whining but... I'm on day 3 lvl 3. I absolutely loved this program so far, and I'm so close to finishing it! But for the first time, I simply don't want to go home today anymore, not to that dreadful workout. I guess I'm looking for someone to tell me it does get better, just like with the other levels, it DOES get better! Please tell me that's true...
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    day 2 was better than day 1, i could do more and then even more on day 3. i find it helps if you count how many moves your doing and challenge yourself the next day to do more. like in lv 1 with push ups, first couple of days i couldnt finish the first 20, then i did 4 of the second lot to 7,12,14 and then 15 so i got the full 35 down. it made it that much more enjoyable to challenge myself.