Monday 8/19

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
Happy Monday everyone! Lets start out the new work week on top and be our best all! So what are you plans for today?

I'm going to go to practice and then after practice, I'll get back to running steps tonite.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I got my 3 mile run in this morning. Will try to get a walk in today, and then I have a trainer session after work. I'm up a pound from Friday for no particular reason (I ate well & got my workouts in in this weekend ) so I've got some ground to make up if I'm going to lose 2 pounds this week!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Going hiking today after dropping the kids off at school. Really need to push the water. I've only been drinking half of what I should.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I got my 3 mile run in this morning. Will try to get a walk in today, and then I have a trainer session after work. I'm up a pound from Friday for no particular reason (I ate well & got my workouts in in this weekend ) so I've got some ground to make up if I'm going to lose 2 pounds this week!

How did your 4 mile run go on Saturday?
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Today is a much needed rest day for me. I ran a total of 12 miles over the weekend (Friday - Sunday), and my legs are killing me!! Plus I'm having a problem with my arch on my left foot. It's feeling better today, but yesterday I couldn't walk without limping. I think it's because I ran 6 miles on Saturday in my old running shoes. I've needed new shoes for awhile, my old shoes were starting to wear out - they had small holes forming in the sides and the cushion was completely broken down. So I went and got new running shoes AFTER my long run on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully my foot will feel better soon and I won't have this problem again after this next weekend's long run.

While at the running store, I asked the sales associate about energy gels. Since I'm going longer I know I'll need something to get me through. At around mile 5 on Saturday I could really notice a difference in my energy level and I don't think I can do more than 6 without completely giving out. So I bought 4 gels, and I'm interested to try one this weekend. I asked how often I should take one, and he said about every 45 minutes, which is about every 6 miles. That made me laugh - 6 miles in 45 minutes might be HIS average, but for me 6 miles is around an hour and 15 minutes! So I'm guessing around mile 4 will be a good time to take one.

So anyway, my goal for today is to stay within my calorie goal and drink plenty of water.

Have a great Monday!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    August 19th Commitment:
    -Drink 10 glasses of water
    -Stay within my 1,000 calorie deficit
    -Walk for 20 minutes at lunch time
    -Plan workouts for the week

*I had a bad weekend (my little sister who lives 3 hours away from me broke up with her boyfriend AND was sick...so me being a great big sister went and surprised her with cupcakes, movies, and some other items for her little sick self...needless to say, we had pizza twice--the pizza where she lives is awesome...and little to no exercise). So today I am going to plan out my week so I can get that 2 pound weight loss!! :)
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since Friday, because this weekend was far from ideal, but everything is logged and I'm mentally prepared for cracking down on myself this week! Today, I'm pre-logging meals, trying to trink 12-13 cups of water, and going to the gym. I'll be so proud of myself if I can drop two pounds this week!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Today will be a light day with just a little yoga and some body weight training. Like CurtnTrina I'm a bit bushed after my runs on Saturday and Sunday, although I only ran for 7 miles total over the two days.

Back to my normal eating too. I got a little wild this weekend with mussels in butter on one day and ribeye steak on another. I stayed within my calories though. :)

Normally I weigh myself every Monday morning, but forgot today, so I need to do that tomorrow morning.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

How did your 4 mile run go on Saturday?

It went great! I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope your new shoes make the difference. What kind did you get?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Today will be a light day with just a little yoga and some body weight training. Like CurtnTrina I'm a bit bushed after my runs on Saturday and Sunday, although I only ran for 7 miles total over the two days.

Back to my normal eating too. I got a little wild this weekend with mussels in butter on one day and ribeye steak on another. I stayed within my calories though. :)

Normally I weigh myself every Monday morning, but forgot today, so I need to do that tomorrow morning.

Did you catch that you just said you ONLY ran 7 miles over two days? :laugh: Back when you started C25K did you imagine those words ever coming out of your mouth?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since Friday, because this weekend was far from ideal, but everything is logged and I'm mentally prepared for cracking down on myself this week! Today, I'm pre-logging meals, trying to trink 12-13 cups of water, and going to the gym. I'll be so proud of myself if I can drop two pounds this week!!

I only weighed myself this morning because Monday nights my trainer has me get on the scale and I like to at least have an idea what to expect.