Detox days.

Options
JussyD89
JussyD89 Posts: 18 Member
What to eat?. What not to eat?.
I try to do this once a week. I usually eat gluten which I try not to do because it reacts badly.. as does sugar.. and carbohydrates.. basically my body is ultra sensitive and Sunday I need to detox lol.
So far today i've had..
Orange juice, lemon and ginger with hot water, mandarin, and celery.
I do drink 3 litres of water a day, and green tea on the weekend.. haven't yet. Feeling quite sensitive..
What does everyone else eat? I might get some ideas. lol.

Replies

• Zlink
    Zlink Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wasn't there a way to detox by juicing?
    you might want to look at this option but i really not sure as i never done this myself....
    any how i wish you good luck with it:)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Detox has no basis in science as a diet option.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat food. I don't think detox days make any sense.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I hear that a high fat intake inhibits absorption of sugars, causing blood sugar spikes.
    My opinion is to cut down on fat the day beforehand and increase fruit on the "detox day" so you get calories. If you try to detox without any calories, you'll just eat heaps of toxic food the next day anyway, negating any positive effects.

But in the long run, just try to eat clean all the time and you won't need to detox :)<3
  • veg_runner
    veg_runner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just eat clean whole foods. You don't need specific days to "detox" if you eat clean and healthfully meaning focusing on high carb foods like starches (potatoes, rice, grains etc.) and fruits and vegetables and eliminating refined oils (as much as you possibly can, completely is ideal). Other than that, pump the lymphatic system with some good cardio, get in the early nights and get 8+ hrs of sleep, and stay hydrated. If you do that, then you can just forget the detox nonsense.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    To me, detox basically means clean eating. I try to do it as much as possible - but could never do a juice detox or anything like that as I think they are a bit dangerous.
    Today I have had a fruit bar, raspberries, melon, squash and kidney bean chilli and veggie soup w rice noodles. I also had a soya latte... but hell, how else was I to get through Monday???!!!
    So yes I agree, try to eat clean rather than do anything just so drastic. you definitely need to eat more or you could pass out!!
  • treehugginmom
    treehugginmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a 3 day juice fast, mostly veggies with a little bit of fruit for detoxing. This is my first try at this, as I am fairly new to juicing, but I know it is a safe way to detox. You're getting all your vegetables, some fruit and if you're worried about protein intake you can put flax or chia seeds in your finished juice before you drink it. You could even do this type of fast for one day, but 3 is usually more effective.