plateau mode

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been doing MFP consistently for about a month and haven't seen a lot of weight loss. Could I be eating too few calories? I did weight watchers about a year ago and lost about 30lbs. MFP doesn't seem to keep me as motivated as WW. Any advice? I'd like to lose at least another 18lbs.

Thanks!

Replies

• J2mazou
    J2mazou Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Could it be that your body has become too used to the foods that you're eating. Maybe shake it up a bit and change from the usual stuff you eat? If you've found that your meals are based on rice or pasta, maybe give those a break for a week so your body can have other types of nutrients instead.

I give myself a cheat day on the weekend so I stay motivated (actually I cheated for the whole of last week as I was on holiday), and try to up the exercise instead.

Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so for every bit of fat that you're losing, and muscle that you're gaining, you can expect to put on a little - muscle burns calories better than fat does too, so the plateau shouldn't last. Keep it up :o)

Jo. x