Hello out there! How is everyone?

Options
smmadsen
smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
There has not been much activity lately. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

I see the weather is much cooler there.

The high in my neck of the woods is 93!!!!! Whew.
Took a walk at 9:30 this am and nearly passed out and it is not even officially summer yet?

Replies

• carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The weather is actually really nice here at the moment
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    The same here. Its lovely.
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So wish I was there!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Im Michaela "the Cat" . Im in the Chicago Irish diaspora and my cat and I are both seniors on a mission to lose weight (as per vet and my doctor) and become more fit. Kitty and i also share arthritis and mine is severe. Wish I could visit Ireland this year but instead Ill watch this site. Im a health care provider and health scientist so I know better and need to be mindful about my food and physical activity so I can age more gracefully and be involved in worthwhile things with work and family. and community.
    hope MFP is helpful.

thank you.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Morning from Galway! Looks like another sunny day here..

Hi Michaela - when I'm not here, I'm watching FDJ on the Livestream kitten cam.

I've been on MFP for over a year and am losing weight very slowly but steadily - I do a lot of walking.

Have a good day everyone, hope it's fine wherever you are! :flowerforyou:
  • Freeicetea
    Options
    I'm doing well.

Just getting over the 12 stone slump.

Hope all is well for fellow Irish weight losers
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Hi
    cute cat you have in your photo. I WANT TO mention im also a Notre Dame sports fan here in Chicago. GO IRISH!! hope they have another good year. We just won the national hockey championships and im not a real fan of men pushing sticks on the ice but love a city wide party and we are having one Friday.

Michele :flowerforyou:
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele

If 'cute cat you got there' was for my pic, thanks - it's Dyson, he's adopted me over the past few months. Your cat is gorgeous, do you have that pic on your fridge? He/she can see everything!!

Hope you enjoyed the hockey party last night. My son left at midnight to make the long trip to Alaska so I might have a party later!

Have a great weekend
    Geraldine
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! Great to see some action on the Ireland page. It's been quiet for ages :-)

Dublin girl here. Loving the fact that we have actually had a bit of sun this summer making walking so much more enjoyable. Hope everyone's weight loss journey is going well.

Jenny :-)
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi All,

Karen from Dublin here.

Just rejoined MFP. I had a baby last year and lost a bit of weight during pregnancy but put it back on. I'm saying enough is enough.

Its great to have the good weather. I love walking from June - October. Then It gets awful again.

I'm just back from France. We went on a keycamp holiday. I'd definitely recommend it. We went walking,cycling,swimming and playing in the mini clubs with our one year old. Felt great when I got back.
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Maire from Galway here. Sure, add me if you're around Ireland, and on a big weight loss adventure :)
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Mayo, how is everyone doing?
  • czrewor
    czrewor Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Once the sun appears in Ireland, its like summer to us, because it doesnt happen so often :)
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    hello.. going to watch notre dame football...go irish!!!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    hey.. how about a new thread and fall check in? I need to adjust my game
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Need a bit of an adjustment here to get back on track.
    I lost 50lbs from mid-2012 to mid-2013. At that point I was exercising 5 to 7 hours a week. I was even thinking about doing a triathlon. Now I've had to completely stop due to a bad back. Even swimming and walking. I was burning 1000 cals most days so - within reason - I could eat quite a lot and still lose weight.

Now, I've put back on 15lbs and am struggling to change how I eat. I rarely eat "bad" food - fast food, beer, anything with processed sugar. But I eat too much carbs (mostly bread) and hardly any fruit. Training myself to eat well is proving MUCH harder than just training!

Anyway, these forums were a great help when I was losing weight a year ago. Wish me luck...and persistence.
  • fimaguire
    fimaguire Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. It sounds like you already know what your problem is. I found fruit a struggle for few weeks but once it becomes part of your routine (like anything) you will be fine. You had the dicipline to head out and excercise, so its in you, you just need to re-focus on what you eat.

Good Luck!

:smile: