What are you doing to lose the weight?

Options
Teah74
Teah74 Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone it appears that we all have similar regain situations. Has anyone been successful at taking the weight off? What does your diet look like? What tips can you offer? Is the weightloss rapid or does it come off at 2 pounds a week? Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've had some success. I'm doing the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. There are two message boards on here about it. You eat normally 5 days a week and fast (eat up to 500 cals) for 2 days a week. Fasting can be any day you want and can be moved around to fit your schedule. I lose about 1-2 lbs a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, but the progression down is steady. I love it and plan to keep it up. Once you are at goal weight and want to maintain, you drop to fasting 1 day a week. My labs have also been excellent since being on it. Here is a link to info on it: http://thefastdiet.co.uk . I would never say that this works for everyone, but I've had great success. All my weight loss on my ticker is while being on the plan.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My weight is coming off again, but slowly. I try and follow a "lower" carb diet, avoiding processed sugars and other foods. It has not come off at two pounds/week because I'm only about 20lbs away from my goal weight. The rate of loss will depend on how much you need to lose and will vary week to week.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mine is coming off slower, definately slower than the initial year after GB. It is all gonna depend on your amount to lose and your activity level. For me I have to watch to carbs. I eat about 1/2 of what MFP gives me for the day. I also stay around about 1500 calories when I can. Depends on how sick I get on any given week. Some weeks are good, Some not so much. I am just under 10 years post op and I still have troubles with different things. Good luck to you ^_^