Tuesday 8/20 Happy Anniversary to me????

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
So whats going on today all? Its great seeing how far we came on this jouney!!! People running off for miles at time, kicking bags for hours, hiking, biking in all directions!!! Pat on the back to ya's, you are just friggin terrific you are! :bigsmile:

Whats with my anny, your asking??? 30 years ago today, I started working for the USDA, I am a Farm Loan Officer with the Farm Service Agency. Almost all but impossible to believe I've hung around that long!

So tonight I will go out and celebrate by jogging stairs and circle the track at our field a coupla two tree times!!!

For us two pounders this week, I gotta bust some butt to make the goal but I still am working to achieve those 2!

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary!

Today is a quieter workout day for me - got a walk planned with a friend at lunch (fingers crossed she can make it because she's got a big project going at work) and Pilates after work.

After a couple of kind of perfect weeks, it's getting warm in Minnesota - heat advisory for today with anticipated heat index of 100-105. Maybe I can just sweat off those 2 pounds???

Have an awesome Tuesday everyone!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    30 years, 30 pounds lost...way to go!!!

Well today is a potluck at work. It's a healthierish one with a potatoe bar, some pasta salad, some desserts, and salads. I made two different kinds of s'more cupcakes...so I will only eat one of them! :) I also need to drink more water because I have been lacking in that department. And I'm going to workout tonight with a circuit and 15 minutes on the treadmill.
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I plan to get in a home work out (tae bo dvd) after I cook dinner tonight. My boyfriend has a show, but we've discussed it, I'm staying home and cooking/working out because I know I'd be tempted to drink and fall off the wagon if I were to go hang out in a bar. I'm loading up on water because I might weigh myself for the first time since Friday, tomorrow morning. I'm so scared to see how this weekend's shenanigans (for my friend's birthday) impacted the scale.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Decided to get my cardio in on the way to the gym this morning. Left my car at home and walked/jogged 4 miles round trip and worked on upper body while at the gym. First day using my polar ft4 heart rate monitor and I think I am in love. Had to laugh at myself and my gadgets that I carry around for my workouts ... iPod for music, cell phone with various workout applications such as map my fitness and now my heart rate monitor!

Have a great day!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will run 4 miles and do 30 minutes of strength training. At the moment all I can think about is sleeping though. It's been a ridiculously crazy day and it's only 1:30 in Kansas!! I'll be glad when this work day is over!

I went out for breakfast this morning with one of our directors, then my husband called and wanted to take me out to lunch - so I ate out twice today. I didn't do too bad though. I needed the break with my husband - he was picking me up on the motorcycle and I needed to feel the wind to clear out some of the stress. It worked until I got back to the office.

I will eat light for dinner tonight - if I'm even hungry.

Happy Anniversary KRK and congrats on 30 pounds lost!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Decided to get my cardio in on the way to the gym this morning. Left my car at home and walked/jogged 4 miles round trip and worked on upper body while at the gym. First day using my polar ft4 heart rate monitor and I think I am in love. Had to laugh at myself and my gadgets that I carry around for my workouts ... iPod for music, cell phone with various workout applications such as map my fitness and now my heart rate monitor!

Have a great day!

I've had my eye on the Polar FT4 - can you tell me what you love about it? I'm on the fence about it.