Interim Clothes

Options
I have to buy my pants in long, as I assume many of you do.

As you continue to to lose weight where have you had success finding reasonably priced pants in long length that you know you might only be wearing a few weeks/months?

On the main boards a lot of people suggest Goodwill or Thrift Shops. In theory this is good advice; but in my experience consignment shops aren't overflowing with long pants.

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I actually did have remarkable experience at consignment stores (less so at places like Goodwill). That's where I got almost all of my interim pants; I also hit up clearance sales at NY&Co, which has talls in stock. Barring that, I spent a lot of time in skirts and dresses :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll do some more investigation.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    New York & Company is currently having a buy one get one free event on their pants. I just went there the other day and scooped up a few pairs of pants, because I refuse to be squeezing into things that don't fit right and make me feel miserable all day! It is terrible for my morale.

And for the first time, I bought a pair of "skinny" jeans! I got the "curvy skinny" cut, which was definitely slim cut, but not quite so super skin tight as other skinny jeans I have tried. They come in regular and long lengths, but for a skinny jean, I found that the average length was plenty, as I really just wanted them to hit at the ankle, anyway.

If you're smaller in the waist with a giant butt and thighs like me, the curvy skinny was great, as was the 7th avenue boot cut and the 7th avenue wide leg.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely check it out!