Metal and Beer

KelliB3
KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
Not sure about you guys, but in my world metal and beer go together like peanut butter and freaking jam! I've only just recently starting working out and watching my calorie intake but the hardest part for me is the weekends - I want to party with my friends, go to concerts and most importantly drink beer! I've read a bunch of forum posts and basically all I keep hearing is to "Just have one or two" but I don't think that's realistic. How much fun are you going to have at a party or show having just one or two beers? Yes, I might remember the entire show or be able to drive home, but that doesn't sound all that awesome to me. Maybe working out with a hangover is the only option to keep on drinking the way I want to!

What to do you guys drink and how much? Do you think it's even worth a shot trying to loose weight while keeping up my partying and drinking habits? I'm only in my late 20's - there's no f**king way I'm going to just have one or two on a Saturday night with friends. End of rant.

Replies

• horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    :brokenheart: Oh my god beer and metal. Best combo ever. I switched to gin/vodka instead for the majority of my drinking, and then only have beer at concerts/events. I know all booze are bad when trying to lose weight, but I try to fit it in my daily calories. And if I go over, its no big deal. I just work out the next day and hop back on track.
  • KelliB3
    Yeah I've been trying to drink water and vodka with low cal mixer like crystal light to make it not taste awful but I'm so used to just cracking open a can or bottle of beer and being good to go. Guess I'm just lazy! Mixing drinks sucks, especially when what I really want is the beer. :frown:
  • horrorstory
    So true. I usually just make a gin & tonic with loads of lime. Simple and easy. I made a pretty yummy margarita-ish drink the other day with a lemon-lime crystal light packet, ice, water and some tequila. But nothing. NOTHING compares to a cold beer after a long day.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I'm a massive whiskey drinker. Honestly, I drink more vodka than beer now, it is easier to track.

And really all you can do is plan ahead. If you know you're going to blow a lot of cals at a show, be more strict about what you eat during the day!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    I usually eat fewer calories during the day so I can have more to drink during the night. Also, I like having 1-2 beers along with some lower calorie drink like a Kamikaze. Although, I don't like to get sh[/u]it-faced drunk, so just having that will usually work for me :flowerforyou:
  • autumn_skye
    autumn_skye Posts: 156 Member
    I love going to concerts and drinking. It is honestly just not as fun when you don't drink. I do try to save up calories for those days, but I have learned not to drink on an empty stomach. I try to drink vodka w. soda - straight soda has no calories, so you just have what's in the vodka. I will usually do stoli orange and soda with a slice of orange to give it some flavor. Three Olives Grape is pretty good too. If I go with beer, I try to stick with a light beer to shave a few calories. Fortunately for me, I like Miller Light, Michelob Ultra, Coors Light, and all of the "watered down" beers, lol! \m/
  • CowboysFromHell
    CowboysFromHell Posts: 3 Member
    I just fast most of day and drink at night, lol. I get pretty messed up with 2 beers and maybe 3 whiskey shots then I usually call it a night and just chill and watch music videos with my friends.
  • horrorstory
    Mmmm beer.
    *day dreaming*
  • KelliB3
    I'm going to see Black Sabbath tomorrow night... chances of me staying sober are slim... so much for back on track this week :drinker:
  • autumn_skye
    autumn_skye Posts: 156 Member
    I saw The Cult last night and had 4 drinks.... and an after-show drive through snack. Oh well, I only go to shows about once a month
  • Molson makes a special 67 calorie beer that I drink when im trying to be super careful. Low calorie beer isn't very metal but theres always healthier options.