Should We Open the Bible Study to Men?

Options
HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
Hi Everyone,

We have been discussing about how the Bible study is visible to all.

What makes this a women's Bible study is that only women can post to it. So we thought that maybe we should open it to everyone.

However, maybe there are some personal things that need to be prayed about. In fact, anything posted is visible, so there is no real privacy as it stands.

For private things, we could make it that anyone can PM me and we can have a prayer chain--or I can copy and send it to the group. PMs are not visible and all someone would have to do is say they would like it kept to women only and I could do that.

We thought the group should have your say.

So, unless there is a significant reaction or disagreement with changing it to an ALL ARE WELCOME -- MEN AND WOMEN -- Bible Study, then we'll change our mission statement to include anyone.

Blessings on your day,
ChapLynne

Replies

• HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes the Bible study should be open to men also. That is my opinion. Thank you.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't deal with guys on this site at all, but since this is bible study I think this is a great idea!
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gwen. I have no problem with it here.
  • knitwit0704
    Options
    If we can have a separate thing for women only, maybe like a forum post, ok. I'm just a bit less comfortable with men.
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Knitwit0704 raises a good point. There may be some prayer concerns that would be better kept private.

I think if any of you have a concern, you could PM MissSharon2013 or me and we'll make sure that it gets passed along privately through PMs instead of publicly on the forums.

All our posts are visible to the forums...and so there isn't group privacy. Groups are a convenience, not a privacy issue.

Knitwit0704--do you think you would be less likely to post anything if men were a part of the group?

Men can read all the posts now, but many may not be interested, because they aren't on the forum. It might change if we opened it to men.

Of course, this could also be a moot point. There may be no men interested in joining. LOL

Let's prayerfully consider this. Everyone and we'll come back to it.

Thanks,
    ChapLynne