Dancing outside

Options
missdaisy79
missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
There's something just so nice about dancing outside when the sun is shining, the breeze is gently blowing and there's an audience watching. I danced with my Black Sheep class group yesterday at a community fun day and it was really quite lovely. We danced with a local drumming group providing the accompaniement, and there's nothing quite like dancing with live drummers! I even had a chance to take the lead a couple of times, although I took us the wrong way round with the circle step (oops). Anyone had a chance to dance outside lately?

Replies

• JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That sounds so fun... I need to go to a good festival!
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    Yes...I danced the last 2 Saturday mornings at the downtown farm/craft market. I agree that outside dancing is wonderful! This past Saturday, was especially sunny and warm, even in the early part of the morning. There were a lot of people there, and we managed to coax some little kids into joining us...it was so fun!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, Miss Daisy!! We have several festival performances throughout the summer/fall, and it is always great dancing outside, as long as it's not freeeezing (like it was last October). My favorite by far is the Yellow Springs Street Fair. Always LOTS of people, and they are so receptive and supportive! Just a great laid back festival in beautiful Yellow Springs, Ohio. There's something magical about dancing in the grass, with a gentle breeze, and leaves floating around. Ahhhhh. :smooched:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes :) our last two performances were outside. The first one was on a stage surrounded by grass, trees, and the river. The second was downtown, so a very different "feel" to each. It is kind of nice outside. :heart:
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My school had a belly dancing under the stars show last Saturday night. (I was at the beach doing my own outside dancing!)
  • LilithNoor
    Options
    Lentigogirl. both of those sound amazing, not sure which I'd prefer!

So far every outside performance I've done has been cold and wet. I've become an expert at layering up bottoms (leggings, pantaloons, skirt) and tops (bra, choli, veil) and only leaving my midriff exposed (it has more natural padding than the rest of me!)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I would relish the cold wet options and having to layer over the high heat and humidity that I get to deal with tomorrow at the local Global Fest. One performance will be inside in the A/C mid afternoon but the other two are outside on a stage under a tent ( one at 11AM and one at 7PM) so I'm hoping to avoid the worst of the heat. but I know from past times at this event, the air doesn't move under the tent by the stage. the morning show is also a folk-loric based one, so it kind of requires more coverage.

I'm thinking of freezing some bras or tops tonight to keep me cooler longer ( yes I'm serious). I will still become a hot sweaty red-faced mess, regardless of what I do. I'm also debating how many costume pieces I want to get sweated up.
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not quite dance, but I was part of a costumed fairy troupe in our local 4th of July parade -- essentially I wore a belly dance costume plus wings, and danced the entire way, blowing bubbles and chanting "bubbles not troubles."