What are some of your "vanity" reasons to lose the weight?

Options
Lol...I was just thinking about this this morning. How I want to lose weight to be healthy, not tired, stronger, etc...

But....

I just really want to have better sex with my husband :blushing:

As I get heavier, its gets more akward...at least for me. He says I look fine and its all good but....I don't know...I remember being more foxy when I was lighter and we first met...

Replies

• bettbett87
    bettbett87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this!

I just don't feel sexy at all any more which means we just don't have sex! If we do it is only missonary so he can't see any of me bouncing around!

Another vanity reason for me is that I want strangers to find me attractive. Don't get me wrong, I DON'T cheat, but it would be nice to have men approach and talk to me like the old days when I was a UK14. (Although when I was 8months pregnant I was told I looked "f*cking amazing for a pregnant bird")
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear something other than BLACK. I wake up and dress like I'm going to a funeral DAILY. So many cute clothes, so little time! :bigsmile:
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haha, I am in the exact same boat as all of y'all.

I'm tired of feeling gross while I'm nakey in front of the man,
    I wouldn't cheat but it would be a huge ego booster to be complimented,
    and I want to wear another color other than black in this Texas sun. Haha.

LETS GET SMEXY FOR OUR MEN!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My "vanity" reason is I want to look at my naked self in the mirror and be like "how YOU doin`??" :blushing:
    That and I want to look sexy in whatever outfit I want to wear
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love that you admitted intimacy as being a reason. I feel the same way. I want my guy to look at me and think of how lucky he is. Haha. :)

Aside from that, I just want to be able to look at myself and be proud of what I see and not have something to nitpick at and bring me down. I get super depressed when I have to go clothes shopping, and I really wish that wasn't the case.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well all I know is I spent years piling on weight and feeling very old and fat and ugly and not at all sexy or attractive, and it really put a dampener on things for me, and I even started thinking there was something wrong with my husband if he could look at me and not feel revulsion.

Now I'm 2 stone lighter and I've got my va va voom back :devil: One more stone to go - oh boy!

I went mad a few weeks ago and bought a pair of red f***-Me shoes which are so not me! High heels, tarty, and red! I couldn't have even worn them last year, the extra weight would have made them unbearable! But I love them.

And I've splashed out on a set of hot pink and frilly undies - I wouldn't have worn that stuff even before I put the weight on! My husband is delighted! And so am I :smooched:

Male friends have also responded favourably - flirting and paying attention - I feel like I've lost 2 stone and 25 years!

(ed) I'm not even going to talk about rediscovering the suppleness and energy I used to have, and how much more flexible I've become :blushing: