Geeky movies NOT out of Hollywood?

Options
We just watched "Astropia" and LOVED it. What are some other decent geeky/nerdy films not from Hollywood and that don't count as Anime?

Replies

• rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    India is trying to get into sci-fi. If you can handle some of the cheesieness try:

Ra.One (fantastic sound track)
    Joker
    Krrish (Krrish 3 comes out in November)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Does The World's End count? Saw it tonight, very funny.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Does The World's End count? Saw it tonight, very funny.

So looking forward to this movie!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Anything with Nick and Simon has proven to be amazing. So, yes, that counts and is on the list of films to see. :)

Geeky Indian movies? I will DEFINITELY have to check out the ones that were mentioned. My exposure to them is somewhat limited. Although, a buddy of mine had a brief stint of stardom while living as an ex-pat over in India for a while. The decidedly non-Indian looking guy at 1:09 and 2:50 is a buddy and co-worker of mine who was apparently in a few movies when he was working in our India office. And no, that's not his voice... But I should reach out to him and see what the other movies were and if they're geeky. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdVd_rRstI
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I stumbled across them because I like low-budget B-movies and also musicals, so Indian movies are kinda perfect for me. Netflix kept suggesting them. Most of them are Rom-coms, but the couple I listed are pretty good. There were a couple I watched that were really awful (trying way to hard), but I didn't list those.

Ra.One is a video-game come to life story, Krrish is a superhero movie, and Joker is about aliens visitation.